"Portable" installation of AI.

I've read a lot of messages re the "au3check not found" error. One developer said, "you should know what you're doing when you ..." in essence use an uninstalled version of AutoIt. Well ... :oP <g> The fact is that I installed AutoIt on a partition of the home computer and then in subsequent OS wipes/reinstalls over the years, I found that AI works quite well without re-installing. I then dumped AI onto my first USB flash drive a couple of years ago and everything works great that way too. Both scenarios work with SciTE as the editor, as well. When I've accidentally had what I now know is the au3check check happen when I'm in SciTE and a script is started by my reminder program, au3check has worked at home.

It's not working on the pen drive, though, and I'd like to get it to do so now. I've progressed to the point where I'd again like to try tackling errors on my own as much as possible. I don't feel quite as overwhelmed by all the code as I have been in the past.

How can we make au3check.exe work in cases where we're dealing with a portable use of AutoIt. I couldn't install AI here anyway. Computers locked up.

It's in the same directory as the AI main files. I even moved a copy of au3check.exe and au3check.dat into the SciTE folder but it still didn't find it. Any way to let SciTE know where au3check.exe is that doesn't perhaps involve the registry, which I can't get at?

Thanks. <g>

Yes, as mentioned, that's where it is. As a trial I even put it in with SciTE but it doens't work either where it's supposed to be nor where I thought it might, in a pinch, in SciTE's folder.

It works at home but not at the office, yet both environments are standalone AutoIts where I didn't install in either.

Thanks. <g>

Edited by Diana (Cda)

• Developers

Can you show the whole output shown in the SciTE output pane when you get this error.

This will help me to tell where it goes wrong.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)