KeyPress Development

This can be called a continuation of my previous thread, (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85026).

I am currently working on KeyPress v1.1 now.

I made the UI with Koda v1.7.0.8 and modified it a bit in SCiTE.

I want to make the OK button minimize KeyPress and then type the keys repeatedly

(to stop, the user right-clicks the icon in task bar and clicks exit).

The Exit button works, but the OK just gives me an error noise/nothing happens.

I am using Windows XP SP3.

Here is the source code:

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=beta
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=My Pictures\KP.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=KeyPress 1.1 WIN32.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Made by Racecar 56 at www.racecar56.b3ta.org.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=www.racecar56.b3ta.org
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.1.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1033
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.2.13.12
    Author: Racecar56
    Script Version: 1.1.0.0 Final

Script Function:
    Press the specified keys numerous times.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Script Start - Add your code below here

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)
Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)
Local $foo
main()
Func main()
    Dim $myedit, $msg, $TYPEME, $OK
    $foo = "foo"
    GUICreate("RacecarSoft KeyPress"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
    $OK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 0, 100, 100)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Right-click tray icon and click Exit to exit.", 100, -120, 100)
    $myedit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("" & $foo, -300, -28, 200, 97, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL)
    GUISetState()
    Send("{END}")
; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
            Case $msg = $OK
                pressKeys()
        EndSelect
    WEnd
EndFunc  ;==>main
Func pressKeys()
    Dim $bar
    $bar = 0
    While $bar <= 0
        Send($foo)
        Sleep(05)
    WEnd
EndFunc  ;==>pressKeys

NEWS: Version 1.1 out!

Edited by RacecarSoft

[s]Visit My Website[/s] (this isn't up 24/7). (SITE DOWN) This is now a HP MediaSmart site, I'm trying to get my server working the way I want it to.24/7 site (make sure you have noscript, sorry!): 24/7 [u]WARNING: MUST have NoScript so you can block quantserve/quantcast![/u] If you don't, the evil freewebs/webs/quantcast/quantserve/WHATEVER virus will get you![spoiler]Hey, look! It's a spoiler![/spoiler]Software: KeyPress, Advanced Calculator (not autoit), WUK (Windows Update Killer)my account over a year old : >... I do Linux.

The Exit button works, but the OK just gives me an error noise/nothing happens.

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $OK
            Send($foo) <<<-- Send to where? -->>>
        Case $Exit
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
To what program are you going to send $foo?

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

$foo = "Text to type."

$Form1_1 = GUICreate("KeyPress v1.1", 633, 447, 192, 124)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 329, 129)
GUICtrlSetData( $Edit1 , $foo )
GUICtrlCreateLabel("RacecarSoft KeyPress v1.1" & @CRLF & "Build Date: 2008/12/14", 352, 8, 268, 25)
$OK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 576, 408, 41, 25, 0)
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 528, 408, 41, 25, 0)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $OK
            MsgBox( 0 , "" , $foo )
        Case $Exit
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

I got this to work. (so far =D )

To what program are you going to send $foo?

Anything that just so happens to be open.

[s]Visit My Website[/s] (this isn't up 24/7). (SITE DOWN) This is now a HP MediaSmart site, I'm trying to get my server working the way I want it to.24/7 site (make sure you have noscript, sorry!): 24/7 [u]WARNING: MUST have NoScript so you can block quantserve/quantcast![/u] If you don't, the evil freewebs/webs/quantcast/quantserve/WHATEVER virus will get you![spoiler]Hey, look! It's a spoiler![/spoiler]Software: KeyPress, Advanced Calculator (not autoit), WUK (Windows Update Killer)my account over a year old : >... I do Linux.

• Developers

maybe: Send(GUICtrlRead($foo)) when you want to send the value of the control and also need to set the focus to the appropriate window first.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

not really unless you don't want to use the Edit Control. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

not really unless you don't want to use the Edit Control. :)

I actually found out it is not fixed (other words your are right).

How can I fix it now?

By the way, I am using AutoIt beta.

• Developers

I actually found out it is not fixed (other words your are right).

How can I fix it now?

By the way, I am using AutoIt beta.

I gave the answer a few posts up.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I gave the answer a few posts up.

It won't work.

Send(GUICtrlRead($Edit1))

That works but then if I type something else than 'Text to type.' in the dialog then it don't work.

• Developers

That works but then if I type something else than 'Text to type.' in the dialog then it don't work.

It will when implemented correcty. Have you tried to understand and debug your script?

You need to show what you have before we can check why it doesn;t work as you expect.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It will when implemented correcty. Have you tried to understand and debug your script?

You need to show what you have before we can check why it doesn;t work as you expect.

I updated the source code on the first post.

• Developers

this is wrong:

$Edit1 = GUICtrlSetData(-1, $foo)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Does this work like you want?

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

$Form1_1 = GUICreate("KeyPress v1.1", 633, 447, 192, 124)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("RacecarSoft KeyPress v1.1" & @CRLF & "Build Date: 2008/12/14", 352, 8, 268, 25)
$OK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 576, 408, 41, 25, 0)
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 528, 408, 41, 25, 0)

GUICtrlSetData( $Edit1 , "Text to type." )
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $OK
            $Edit1 = GuiCtrlRead( $Edit1 )
            ConsoleWrite( "$Edit1: " & $Edit1 & @crlf )
        Case $Exit
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by jaberwocky6669

• Developers

Does this work like you want?

I was trying to get the OP to think about it and figure it out....

anyways: Your version will only work one time as you screw up the Edit control handle when Ok is pressed.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

this is wrong:

$Edit1 = GUICtrlSetData(-1, $foo)
Put $foo where $Edit1 is?

• Developers

Put $foo where $Edit1 is?

Nope. The variable $Edit1 contains the Handle to the Edit control. what happens when you perform GUICtrlSetData() ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was trying to get the OP to think about it and figure it out....

anyways: Your version will only work one time as you screw up the Edit control handle when Ok is pressed.

Sorry! Thanks for letting me know about the bug in my code! I'm new to programming.

Nope. The variable $Edit1 contains the Handle to the Edit control. what happens when you perform GUICtrlSetData() ?

Not enough parameters error.

If I put "Text to type" in between those I get the same also.

Edited by RacecarSoft