KeyPress Development

• Developers

Not enough parameters error.

not enough info... what did you change or are you expecting me to guess what you did wrong?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

not enough info... what did you change or are you expecting me to guess what you did wrong?

I am extremely bad at using anything with GUI's, that is why I used Koda in the first place.

Can you just take my source code and edit that to make it work, because I don't understand gui stuff.

[s]Visit My Website[/s] (this isn't up 24/7). (SITE DOWN) This is now a HP MediaSmart site, I'm trying to get my server working the way I want it to.24/7 site (make sure you have noscript, sorry!): 24/7 [u]WARNING: MUST have NoScript so you can block quantserve/quantcast![/u] If you don't, the evil freewebs/webs/quantcast/quantserve/WHATEVER virus will get you![spoiler]Hey, look! It's a spoiler![/spoiler]Software: KeyPress, Advanced Calculator (not autoit), WUK (Windows Update Killer)my account over a year old : >... I do Linux.

• Developers

maybe its better not to script when you are not willing to try and understand the code first.

Look at the code I told you had an issue:

$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 329, 129)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlSetData(-1, $foo)

The first statement sets $Edit1 to the handle of the Edit control required later to be able to retrieve its value.

The next statement screws up the handle because, as the helfile states, the GuiCtrlSetDate() returns either a 1 or 0 depending on it being successful.

So after this you will never ever be able to set or retrieve the Edit controls information.

This should be enough info to figure it out by yourself now.

EDIT: Have you already checked out the helpfile for examples and an explanation of the functions used?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@RacecarSoft

From reply #4 to #5 you have to wait 24hours before bump your topic :) (Jos you was tired to forgotten that ? :) )

Didn't I already?

maybe its better not to script when you are not willing to try and understand the code first.

Look at the code I told you had an issue:

CODE

$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 329, 129)

$Edit1 = GUICtrlSetData(-1, $foo)

The first statement sets $Edit1 to the handle of the Edit control required later to be able to retrieve its value.

The next statement screws up the handle because, as the helfile states, the GuiCtrlSetDate() returns either a 1 or 0 depending on it being successful.

So after this you will never ever be able to set or retrieve the Edit controls information.

This should be enough info to figure it out by yourself now.

EDIT: Have you already checked out the helpfile for examples and an explanation of the functions used?

Jos

I am gonna check out the code from my previous version and see if I can build version 1.1 off of that.

Edited by RacecarSoft

[s]Visit My Website[/s] (this isn't up 24/7). (SITE DOWN) This is now a HP MediaSmart site, I'm trying to get my server working the way I want it to.24/7 site (make sure you have noscript, sorry!): 24/7 [u]WARNING: MUST have NoScript so you can block quantserve/quantcast![/u] If you don't, the evil freewebs/webs/quantcast/quantserve/WHATEVER virus will get you![spoiler]Hey, look! It's a spoiler![/spoiler]Software: KeyPress, Advanced Calculator (not autoit), WUK (Windows Update Killer)my account over a year old : >... I do Linux.

@RacecarSoft

I read "Today" for date of two replys and they are separated by 2hours not 24... :)

It dosen't say that here.

@Everyone here.

I have completed making KeyPress 1.1. :)

Show some code!

I have updated the main post.