File name to string

omardj38

Hi. I searched around the forum but i didn't found a anwers. My problem is this:

I have a folder with 2 files: a PDF and HTML. Both files have different names but i want rename the file HTML with the same name as the file PDF. The file name's could be different from a PC to another PC. It means that i don't know the name of the files, i only know that the files are PDF and HTML.

My idea to write my code is to read the file name of the *.PDF in that folder and send that string to a variable $name and later rename the file *.HTML with the $name.

But i don't know how to do that or i don't know how to read the file name and send it to a variable.

Any suggestions??

Welcome to the forums!

To get the file names, take a look at the examples for FileFindFirstFile/FileFindNextFile, and the UDF _FileListToArray.

You have many options to separate the names from the extensions: StringLeft, StringInStr, StringMid, StringSplit, StringTrimRight, etc...

For the actual renames, use FileMove.

If you get stuck, post what you've been able to come up with so far.

Good luck!

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

Hi. I searched around the forum but i didn't found a anwers. My problem is this:

I have a folder with 2 files: a PDF and HTML. Both files have different names but i want rename the file HTML with the same name as the file PDF. The file name's could be different from a PC to another PC. It means that i don't know the name of the files, i only know that the files are PDF and HTML.

My idea to write my code is to read the file name of the *.PDF in that folder and send that string to a variable $name and later rename the file *.HTML with the $name.

But i don't know how to do that or i don't know how to read the file name and send it to a variable.

Any suggestions??

Try this...

#include <File.au3>
$myPath = "C:\temp123"

$PDFist = _FileListToArray($myPath, "*.pdf", 1)
If @error = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "No Files\Folders Found.")
    Exit
Else
    $HTMList = _FileListToArray($myPath, "*.html", 1)
    If @error = 1 Then
        MsgBox(0, "", "No Files\Folders Found.")
        Exit
    Else
        $FinalName = StringLeft($PDFist[1], (StringLen($PDFist[1])-4)) & ".html"
        FileMove($myPath & "\" & $HTMList[1], $myPath & "\" & $FinalName, 9)
    EndIf
EndIf