Synchronous script execution

Hi all,

I have a autoit script that is called from a windows batch file and I would like the batch file to wait till the script has finished executing. The script (even compiled) seems to exit immediately and run asynchronously. Is there a way to compile the script so it executes synchronously? I found an old post that suggested using the windows start command e.g

start /wait /b compiledscript.exe scriptparameters

However this does not work as it is waiting for an asynchronous exe to run so returns immediately. I guess I could rewrite the windows batch file as an autoit script and use the RunWait or ProccessWaitClose... but then my batch file will be asynchronous. Chicken and egg :)

Any thoughts?

Hi all,

I have a autoit script that is called from a windows batch file and I would like the batch file to wait till the script has finished executing. The script (even compiled) seems to exit immediately and run asynchronously. Is there a way to compile the script so it executes synchronously? I found an old post that suggested using the windows start command e.g

start /wait /b compiledscript.exe scriptparameters

However this does not work as it is waiting for an asynchronous exe to run so returns immediately. I guess I could rewrite the windows batch file as an autoit script and use the RunWait or ProccessWaitClose... but then my batch file will be asynchronous. Chicken and egg :)

Any thoughts?

Introduce this, ShellExecuteWait()