Microsoft Outlook Automation

Pine

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently new to the AutoIt forums but I've been using AutoIt for about two weeks now. I'm currently about to begin a project that potentially involves working with Microsoft Outlook's automation. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in which I could learn more about this? What I'm currently working on is attempting to connect to a MAPI session and add a new calendar appointment. I've been successful in adding it to the local MAPI or Namespace but I'm trying to find a way to add it to a different Exchange profile. (IE: Lets say the local workstations profile is "Jon", from this computer I would like to add an appointment to "Kim's" calendar, and for informational purposes Jon has Kim's calendar as a shared calendar in Outlook.)

1. Is this possible?

2. Where can I learn more about how to properly do this?

3. Is a name space just the object of the local profile, or is it tied into the exchange profile as well?

Thanks!

I've looked over several posts and took a look at the MSDN reference for the Microsoft outlook object, and I am able to create an object and attach to the current user. What I'm unable to do is try to login to a different user and set an appointment on their schedule.