Find Newest File Modifed Date In A Series Of Folders

I'm trying to get my users to archive their old folders. They are giving me grief about how long it's going to take them to sift through them. So to aid them in this task I would like to create a script that will look at all files in each of the folders and return the newest date modified file. This will allow them to see how long it has been since someone made changes in each folder.

I would like to have the program prompt for a folder to start in which will be the Team folder below. The Program would then look into each Project folder and it's subfolders(which can be 25 deep) and find the file most recently modified in each Project folder and return it to a text file. I also know that sometimes the hidden thumbs.db is the newest file because some looked into the folder and the OS updated it which messes this up so I need to not look at hidden files or have a work around for that.

I know how to prompt for the folder and some of the basic stuff but have no idea where to start when it comes to looking at all the files etc. so I'm looking for clues on where to start reading.

Team

Project1

Subfolder

Subfolder........

Project 2

Thanks

Steve

I'm trying to get my users to archive their old folders. They are giving me grief about how long it's going to take them to sift through them. So to aid them in this task I would like to create a script that will look at all files in each of the folders and return the newest date modified file. This will allow them to see how long it has been since someone made changes in each folder.

I would like to have the program prompt for a folder to start in which will be the Team folder below. The Program would then look into each Project folder and it's subfolders(which can be 25 deep) and find the file most recently modified in each Project folder and return it to a text file. I also know that sometimes the hidden thumbs.db is the newest file because some looked into the folder and the OS updated it which messes this up so I need to not look at hidden files or have a work around for that.

I know how to prompt for the folder and some of the basic stuff but have no idea where to start when it comes to looking at all the files etc. so I'm looking for clues on where to start reading.

Team

Project1

Subfolder

Subfolder........

Project 2

Thanks

Steve

Use _FileListToArrayEx() function by SmOke_N, FileGetTime() or _Date_Time_GetFileTime() and _Date_Time_CompareFileTime(). Read more about this function in help file.

When the words fail... music speaks.