TempDelete.au3 - Cleans Temp Directories

jennico

@Softvoile

I dont think its good idea because some games or softwares are stored in root directory :)

Cheers, FireFox.

i said about deleting Temp Folders with name "Found.000" to "Found.999" from root of all folders.

@ jennico

about deleting firefox history,pass,etc you can find more info @

http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_3.html

also don't forget to read my previous links i posted before.

i hope you will try yo create a full cleaner of firefox. thanxx.

Unresolved topics:1- Please help me in Editing or replacing a page in FireFox and IE.Please have a look at them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me noob, but I think simple batch script in autorun the easyest way to keep your system clean:

TITLE Yard-Man...
@echo off
cls
color 2
Echo.
Echo   Killing Trash...
deltree /Y %TEMP%\*.* >nul
deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\locals~1\Tempor~1\*.* >nul
deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\locals~1\History\*.* >nul
deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\locals~1\Temp\*.* >nul
deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\NetHood\*.* >nul
deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\Recent\*.* >nul
deltree /Y C:\WINXP\Temp\*.* >nul
TITLE Done...
cls
EXIT
yes a very simple script .. which will only work on your system ..

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Call me noob, but I think simple batch script in autorun the easyest way to keep your system clean:

CODETITLE Yard-Man...

@echo off

cls

color 2

Echo.

Echo Killing Trash...

deltree /Y %TEMP%\*.* >nul

deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\locals~1\Tempor~1\*.* >nul

deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\locals~1\History\*.* >nul

deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\locals~1\Temp\*.* >nul

deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\NetHood\*.* >nul

deltree /Y C:\docume~1\BOMBASTER\Recent\*.* >nul

deltree /Y C:\WINXP\Temp\*.* >nul

TITLE Done...

cls

EXIT

hmmm, one could let autoit write and execute the script.....

but this is the same work, isn't it ???? still have to check registry. and still does not clean index.dat.

so really noob :)

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

i don't know what's the problem with @processorArch. it works for me. version 3.2.12.1.

was geosoft's idea and emiel's. best is you try and tell me what is better (@osarch ?)

recycle bin .... no problems here either .... ??? can you post a fix maybe ?

i have a request - please add a code snippet that shows me how to find the things from registry then i will add them.

i really do not intend to make a big cleaning tool, i am simply not capable to do it, but maybe together we can come closer.

j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

maybe i add cmdline params so you can run it with options from cmd prompt or taskplaner.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I'm not too sure why he would get an error with @ProcessorArch either, providing he is reasoably up to date. If you read my last reply to Emeil then you will see where I posted that it appears that the older macros are still available, just used as aliases.

Tested with 3.2.13.13 and the latest release (3.3.0.0), the following code returns the same value for all.

;
MsgBox(0, "Test Results", 'ProcessorArch  =  ' & @ProcessorArch & _
@CRLF & 'CPUarch  =  ' & @CPUArch & @CRLF & 'OSArch  =  ' & @OSArch )
;

Try it yourself.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

@GEOSoft

Not working, but I wont try to fix it.

C:\Documents and Settings\FireFox\Bureau\Nouveau AutoIt v3 Script (16).au3(2,65) : ERROR: undefined macro.
MsgBox(0, "Test Results", 'ProcessorArch  =  ' & @ProcessorArch &
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\FireFox\Bureau\Nouveau AutoIt v3 Script (16).au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

@jennico

I dont want to you to do big cleanner because Its better to use ccleaner in that way, but if your script stay small its easier to use it :)

Cheers, FireFox.

@FireFox,

What version of AutoIt?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

well this is odd.

i don't have @CPUArch nor @OSArch, only @ProcessorArch, while firefox doesn't have @ProcessorArch ?

how can be ?

and why geosoft has them all ?

j.

edit: ah, macros changed in new 3.3.0.0 again i missed that.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

@GEOSoft

3.2.13.13 why ? Because I downloaded beta version little time ago without check if it was the lastest ... :)

Edit : :o just seen v3.3.0.0 ...

Cheers, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

so i updated the script again to respect the macros.

anyway, au3check now will throw out "unknown macro" error, though there is an "If" before ...... :)

i can't help it !

again, someone has to update au3check, please.....

Spoiler

so i updated the script again to respect the macros.

anyway, au3check now will throw out "unknown macro" error, though there is an "If" before ...... :)

i can't help it !

again, someone has to update au3check, please.....

Where are you getting that error jennico?

Edit: Just looked at your code again and the problem may be here in your Dim (how I hate those) statement.

CreateControl(4), $q,

Try changing that to

CreateControl(4), $q = "",
Edited by GEOSoft

George

@ jennico

did you read my posts?

jennico has been around quite a while and I know that he is generally good about reading replies to his threads.

You made some suggestions but remember that they are only that. It doesn't mean that he is under some kind of obligation to incorporate them.

If you want a FireFox cleaner then feel free to jump right at it. I'm sure that FF users will appreciate your efforts.

George

@GeoSoft

If you want a FireFox cleaner

Yep, I will be happy to clean him :)

Edit : All these replys for this little script are only some blabla... it would be better to reply at good time (not like this reply)

Cheers, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

There seems to be an error here

_GetSize(GUICtrlRead($hi), RegRead($rg, "History")) + _
            _GetSize(GUICtrlRead($hi), RegRead($px, "0")))

I think that last line is meant to be _GetSize(GUICtrlRead($ax)...

However, I can't remember seeing that as an option on any other cleaner. More importantly, it just shouldn't be there at all

as you stated +/- ... KISS

It would be nice to have an ini file to remember your/my settings

For the Reg cleaning and more stuff, have a look into Space Regain it has a LOT of great stuff

thx

8)

NEWHeader1.png

@Valuater: you are right, of course ! i really have to be careful with that stuff ! thx.

@GEOSoft: the line:

If StringMid(@AutoItVersion, 3, 1) = 3 And @OSArch = "X64"  Then $q = 64
throws out an error on au3check when you still have v 3.2.x.x.

this is just another problem with au3check. of course, it is NOT an error, so it should not report it. only a warning.

i certainly won't clean firefox, but i promised some postings ago to take a look at this issue. i will do so when i have time. :)

j.

Spoiler

Thats where I suspected it was going to be. I think that the fix I gave you will probably put an end to objections from Au3Check. Instead of just declaring $q up front, declare it with an empty value.

George

@GEOSoft: no, the error is: "unknown macro". there is no problem with $q

autoit version 3.2.x.x does not know @OSArch and therefore au3check gives an unknown macro error, although there is an "IF" statement before it. all i say is, that au3check should not do that. it's not an error. same problem as in the beginning. it's written too strictly (or maybe once it was okay, but now it needs an update).

instead of throwing out "DIM" from AutoIt, there are better candidates like "Floor()" , (same as Int(), isn't it ?) i really love "DIM". :)

@Valuater:

It would be nice to have an ini file to remember your/my settings

as you ordered. :o

updated v1.5 first posting. now ini and icons.

j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler