Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AoRaToS

Changes in new version of Aut2Exe...

3 posts in this topic

I have to question concerning Aut2Exe for anyone that may know :)

First off, it now has less options since previous versions of Windows aren't supported anymore, so if the 64bit box is unchecked it compiles for 32bit correct?

I'm using 64bit XP but I use the programs I make on 32bit systems mostly...

It says in the changelog that Aut2Exe used to ignore the compression level, I have a script that when I compile on my computer a home (compile to a 32bit exe) it was 334Kb and when compiled on my computer at work which is a much worse computer than the one at home it was 326Kb, both at Highest compression.

Now I compiled the same file on my computer at home, with the new version, with the same settings (32Bit?see question 1,Highest) and it's now 355Kb.

I think it's probably because of the library's I'm using, I had AutoIt 3.1.12.1 at home before I think, now I have 3.3.0.0 and at work I have one from my USB drive which is 3.2.12.0, the library's I use must have grown, or the compression has changed in some way...

Maybe I answered already but I would like confirmation to be sure...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.8.8 [30/09/2015]

Download Here

s!mpL3

Um, I changed things around and altered the versions, and compared apples to pears. How come things have changed?

Is this what you are asking?

As the version number gets higher, the executable will get a little larger. More and more code is added and that makes the resulting file larger. There's nothing you can really do about it.