A better way to write the following script

It always accepts them for me.

I'll go check some of my scripts a second..

EDIT:

It appears I always declared them as a string (the hexadecimals) as opposed to an integer which is how your consts are set up.. such as

If _IsPressed("2D", $dll) Then

Although that is with _IsPressed.. but IDK

Well,

Converting the keys over to decimal isn't a problem. It's the first 2 keys out of 8 that are not responding to key presses.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stuck in a GUI so banging on keys would stop modifying the test code showing in the active SciTE window.

I changed your "send" to a "tooltip", since sending text to SciTE was also counterproductive to running your script in a test mode.

Changing the return codes for Scroll and Pause to 145 and 19, instead of 91 and 19, and then loosening up your test on $iFlag (as the keydown hook seems to return a 0 value for both Scroll and Pause) seems to have things working. The following runs fine on my PC:

Global Const $WH_KEYBOARD_LL = 13

Global $AllKeys[256][3]
Local $UsedKeys[8][3] = [ _
    [145, "y@ "   , "scroll Please watch your language on our servers. Thanks."], _; SCROLL
    [19, "y@ "    , " pause msg"], _; PAUSE
    [45, "y@ "    , " insert msg"], _; INSERT
    [46, "y@ "    , " delete msg"], _; DELETE
    [36, "sm_kick ", " home msg"], _; HOME
    [33, "sm_kick ", " pageup msg"], _; PAGEUP
    [34, "sm_kick ", " pagedown msg"], _; PAGEDOWN
    [35, "sm_kick ", " end msg"]]; END
For $i = 0 to 7
    $AllKeys[$UsedKeys[$i][0]][0] = 1
    $AllKeys[$UsedKeys[$i][0]][1] = $UsedKeys[$i][1]
    $AllKeys[$UsedKeys[$i][0]][2] = $UsedKeys[$i][2]
Next    

ClipPut("")

Global $pStub_KeyProc = DllCallbackRegister("_KeyProc", "int", "int;ptr;ptr")
Global $hmod = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetModuleHandle", "ptr", 0)

Global $hHook = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetWindowsHookEx", _
        "int", $WH_KEYBOARD_LL, _
        "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($pStub_KeyProc), _
        "hwnd", $hmod[0], _
        "dword", 0)
$hHook = $hHook[0]

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 400, 300)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func _KeyProc($nCode, $wParam, $lParam)
    If $nCode < 0 Then
        Local $aRet = DllCall ("user32.dll", "long", "CallNextHookEx", "hwnd", $hHook, "int", $nCode, "wparam", $wParam, _
                "lparam", $lParam)
        Return $aRet[0]
    EndIf

Local $KBDLLHOOKSTRUCT = DllStructCreate("dword vkCode;dword scanCode;dword flags;dword time;ptr dwExtraInfo", $lParam)

Local $vkCode = DllStructGetData($KBDLLHOOKSTRUCT, "vkCode")
    Local $iFlag = DllStructGetData($KBDLLHOOKSTRUCT, "flags")

;   MsgBox(1,"",$iFlag & "  " & $vkCode & " " & $lParam & " " & $wParam)

If $iFlag < 2 Then
        If $AllKeys[$vkCode][0] Then 
;           $PlayerName= ClipGet()
            $PlayerName= "<playername>"
            ToolTip($AllKeys[$vkCode][1] & $PlayerName & $AllKeys[$vkCode][2], 1)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_KeyProc

Func OnAutoItExit()
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "UnhookWindowsHookEx", "hwnd", $hHook)
    DllCallbackFree($pStub_KeyProc)
EndFunc;==>OnAutoItExit

EDIT: Trashed the "While $iFlag" in Favor of an "If..."

PS - I don't know if you've officially adopted this Array-heavy approach, but I think it makes a lot of sense. It requires a bit more memory, and adds some one-time initialization processing up front. But plugging your used keys into an empty 256-element key-table simplifies your main processing loop greatly and butchers out a ton of tedious code. The meat-and-potatos part of the script ought to run pretty smooth. You could also add a trap for a 9th key in like 10 seconds, just by adding an entry to the used-keys table.

Edited by Spiff59

Wow, that works great :/

So you changed the

$iFlag < 1 to $iFlag < 2 .

I'm am curious was there any other modification to make the script start working? Does trashing the while loop make things cleaner?

[EDIT]

Thank You x 500 !!!

Ingenious idea to make a window so the script doesn't suddenly start writing all over the source. It's happened numerous times and yet you are the first to to think of such a ingenious solution.

[/EDIT]

Edited by AgentSmith15

Wow, that works great :/

So you changed the

$iFlag < 1 to $iFlag < 2 .

I'm am curious was there any other modification to make the script start working? Does trashing the while loop make things cleaner?

[EDIT]

Thank You x 500 !!!

Ingenious idea to make a window so the script doesn't suddenly start writing all over the source. It's happened numerous times and yet you are the first to to think of such a ingenious solution.

[/EDIT]

I changed $iFlag = 1 to < 2 to allow keys that return zero in that field (scroll and pause).

I haven't researched exactly what keys return a 1 (or now, 0 or 1) for the downkey event in iFlag, but if there's a key that does, and you haven't selected to process it via the used-key array, then the while statement would get you stuck in an infinite loop. You don't need to set up a loop there, as there is no chance that the value of $iFlag can change inside the loop, it was basically acting like an "If", but with the potential to cause a lockup.

EDIT: Did a little testing and I think I'd remove the "If $iFlag" statement altogether. It looks like about every key returns either a 0 or 1. The one exception I encountered was "ALT" which returns a 32. The unique vkcode for ALT won't get a hit on the keys array anyway, so you're testing iFlag over and over for no real benefit.

Edited by Spiff59