LockPC

psynegy

• Moderators

The creator of the application has sent his data to be reviewed. Upon review, the only check is as ProgAndy suggested as an update check.

Topic unlocked.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I would like to try it, can we download the .zip now ?

He'll have to re-upload it when he signs back on.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Howdy guys, sorry about all this, just to clear a few things up:

- The HTTP request is just for update checking.

- My site being about hacking? I presume he means the text that was on there a day ago which said "Frazer is a douchebag (who has the hacking skills of a fly)" I was basically just showing up a guy who said he was going to hack my website. He obviously failed miserably.

Hope that clears that up! I'll re-upload in a sec...

Edit: I'd also like to point out that if this had been a trojan, WHAT A TROJAN it would have been!

Edited by psynegy

Hello,

I just tried it and i noticed PCLock.exe take 50% of the CPU on my VISTA SP1. Also i don't really understand how to trigger it on while running ?

Also what the .dll is used for ?

Anyway, I like the principle of the PIN code it's fast and efficient for day to day lock. Moreover the interface is neat and manage two screens.

Hello,

I just tried it and i noticed PCLock.exe take 50% of the CPU on my VISTA SP1. Also i don't really understand how to trigger it on while running ?

Also what the .dll is used for ?

Anyway, I like the principle of the PIN code it's fast and efficient for day to day lock. Moreover the interface is neat and manage two screens.

Strange, I only get a 10% increase in CPU usage in XP SP3... I'll run some tests on Vista later today.

The DLL is used for injecting code into the operating system to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL, there is no other way of doing it as efficiently as this. Microsoft documentation states that for code to be injected for this purpose, it must be in a separate DLL file, else I would have done the coding in the script.

To trigger it, you just run the executable, it doesn't run in the background, I bound a key to execute the .exe using my keyboard management software.

Thanks for the feedback :)

To trigger it, you just run the executable, it doesn't run in the background, I bound a key to execute the .exe using my keyboard management software.

Ok i understand, in fact LockPC keep running after entering the correct PIN (VISTA)... and it's a this moment it takes 50% CPU... So i beleive the problem is when script quit.

EDIT: even on XP SP2 it stay in memory.

I like the way you show * (swapping pictures) can please explain how you do it ?

Edited by Jango

Ok i understand, in fact LockPC keep running after entering the correct PIN (VISTA)... and it's a this moment it takes 50% CPU... So i beleive the problem is when script quit.

EDIT: even on XP SP2 it stay in memory.

I like the way you show * (swapping pictures) can please explain how you do it ?

The only reason I can think that it would do that, is if there was a firewall preventing it from checking to see if there was an update. I'll put a timeout feature in the next version, hopefully that will resolve the issue.

And for swapping images:

If $prevleng <> StringLen(GUICtrlRead($mainpassentry)) Then
            GUICtrlSetImage($mainimage, "img/" & StringLen(GUICtrlRead($mainpassentry)) & ".jpg")
            $prevleng = StringLen(GUICtrlRead($mainpassentry))
        EndIf

(Basically just reads the hidden input which you type into, and loads the corresponding image.)

The only reason I can think that it would do that, is if there was a firewall preventing it from checking to see if there was an update. I'll put a timeout feature in the next version, hopefully that will resolve the issue.

And for swapping images:

If $prevleng <> StringLen(GUICtrlRead($mainpassentry)) Then
            GUICtrlSetImage($mainimage, "img/" & StringLen(GUICtrlRead($mainpassentry)) & ".jpg")
            $prevleng = StringLen(GUICtrlRead($mainpassentry))
        EndIf

(Basically just reads the hidden input which you type into, and loads the corresponding image.)

Our FireWall blocks everything except HTTP & HTTPS ...

Okay, in the next version:

- Removing web cam features (too slow to be useful)

- Adding a beep option for false entry

- Adding gmail unread email count option (live updating from the gmail servers)

- Change to update feature

- Decreasing CPU usage

If anyone can think of anything they want me to add, let me know!

This is a pretty sweet little program, cheers :)

I guess my only main suggestion would be to encrypt the data in the settings.ini or at least the pass. Out of curiosity, what prompted you to use an .ini over say the registry for example?

Cheers, glad you like it!

Yeah, with the gmail notification stuff, I'll be encrypting stored passwords, so that will indeed be done!

I saw no reason to dabble with the registry, keep it simple!

EDIT:

New version - see first post!

Edited by psynegy

Could you add an option to play/pause Winamp?

It would be great if it would resume playing IF you had it playing when you opened LockPC. BUT if you had it on pause it wouldn't do anything. If thats even possible.

Can't check playing status with iTunes :)

If you can find me a winamp UDF, I'd be more than happy to add that!

Didn't find a way to edit my post.. I would also like to see an option to disable all sounds while locked. For example messenger.

Not sure what UDF is. (Haven't been on the forums much.) But I found

{MEDIA_NEXT}
{MEDIA_PREV}
{MEDIA_STOP}
{MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE}
from another topic. Edited by Eepi