animated background

t0ddie

im trying to make an entire background to the window, an animated picture, but i am having trouble getting past how to make the picture bigger.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUICtrlRead",600,600) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
GuiCtrlCreateAvi("sampleAVI.avi",0, 0, 0, 600, 600, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)

GUISetState ()    ; will display an empty dialog box
; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
while 1
sleep(100)
wend

i see a space for width and height.. why isnt the picture stretching out? it just stays the same size no matter what i put, unlike .jpg which works fine, but isnt animated.

*puff puff *guuurgle *glug glug glug

that actually means something.. probably only to me.. but yeah.feel free to comment on it as useless dribble.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

im trying to make an entire background to the window, an animated picture, but i am having trouble getting past how to make the picture bigger.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUICtrlRead",600,600); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
GuiCtrlCreateAvi("sampleAVI.avi",0, 0, 0, 600, 600, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GUISetState ()   ; will display an empty dialog box
; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
while 1
sleep(100)
wend

i see a space for width and height.. why isnt the picture stretching out? it just stays the same size no matter what i put, unlike .jpg which works fine, but isnt animated.

*puff puff *guuurgle *glug glug glug

that actually means something.. probably only to me.. but yeah.feel free to comment on it as useless dribble.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AFAIK there is no "stretch" function......I've always tailored my GUI to the size of the image(s) I'm using.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

where can i get some large .avi that i can use for a background?

im looking and finding some .avi, but they dont display, or dont work at all.

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

just have a bunch of jpegs and in the while loop make it change the picture

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

just have a bunch of jpegs and in the while loop make it change the picture

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

woah, that sounds like a winner, damn, now i have to redesign my gui cause thats brilliant.

EDIT: just have to figure out a way to do it without the sleep time causeing a delay in user input being read and executed, cause without sleep time the pic will change too fast., but i suppose if you used alot of pictures, and not much sleep time, it wouldnt be noticable (spread accross the entire span of the while loop of course)

Edited by t0ddie