Really need help - Totally lost

MikeDub

I have a script that I started and all is working fine to a point.

It goes through the reg to find the uninstall string, and the script does start the InstallShield setup routine to which pulls up a window prompting to Modify, Repair, or Remove and I just cannot get past that point.

I've searched all over and cannot get this freaky thing to uninstall.

I've tried various uninstall strings that I've found within the forums here, and have gone to most posted offsite links as well. I've tried doing WinWaitActive and still am having problems.

The window that pops up is set like:

Window Title shows: Fourth Shift Workstation 7.30 Installation Wizard

Windows Text shows:

Welcome

Modify,repair,or remove the program.

Then a bunch of other text, then the radio buttons for modify, repair, or remove (I want remove), then of course Next....

I've attached a shot of the window.

The code I'm using to start the uninstall is:

RunWait(@ComSpec & 'RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\'& $Uninstallstring &'"\setup.exe" -l0x9 uninstall'

I've gone and done myself wonky on this one. Can anyone please help?

Thanks Ahead of time

post-44988-1232069280_thumb.jpg

Post your code up so we can see whats going on.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

OK basically IF I could live in a dream world below is what I would hope to accomplish

• Uninstall a current version of a particular software (w/o user intervention)
  • Reboot computer once completed
  • Log back on to computer with the Domain Install ID that we use
  • Install Adobe Acrobat Reader 9
  • Install the new upgraded version of the just uninstalled software
  • Reboot the computer and log back on with that ID and display message indicating success

However, since I have not (until just yesterday) received all info from the others in what exactly they need, I haven't had much time to research what I need to do, before this project kicks off... Anyway, what I have so far is an AutoIT script that will enumerate through the registry, find the unsinstall string and start the uninstallation and then I cannot seem to get any further (stops at the graphic attached in first post of thread).

Currently what I have is below and it's basically stolen from other threads:

Dim $AppName = "Our Application"  
Dim $MyApps = StringSplit($AppName, ",")
Dim $InstalledAppsCount = 1
Dim $Found = 0

While 1

$SubKey = RegEnumKey("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", $InstalledAppsCount)
    If @error Then ExitLoop

$DisplayName = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $SubKey, "DisplayName")
    $Uninstallstring = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $SubKey, "UninstallString")

For $i = 1 To $MyApps[0]

If StringInStr($DisplayName, $MyApps[$i]) Then

$Found += 1
                RunWait($Uninstallstring)
                ProcessWait("MsiExec.exe",1000000)
                $Uninstallstring = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $SubKey, "UninstallString")
                ;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "msiexec.exe /I"& $Uninstallstring &" /qb", "", @SW_HIDE)
                RunWait(@ComSpec & 'RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\'& $Uninstallstring &'"\setup.exe -l0x9 Uninstall"'

EndIf  
    Next

$InstalledAppsCount += 1

WEnd
If WinWaitActive("Fourth Shift Workstation 7.30 Installation Wizard" ,"Welcome") Then
SplashTextOn("Boo","Hiya",100,50)
EndIf