Java UDF

seangriffin

I use Win 7 64-bit.

And i have some problems...

I think ive installed everything correctly.. but nothing comes up in the ferret thing... first it crashed when i hovered above a java program, now it stays alive, but nothing comes up.

Is this abandonware or can anyone help?

Im gonna redo the install instructions, but they could need an update!

Please help!

- Maffe

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Please note that, I am trying to use Java UDF for Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 32 bit

It seems that most of the functions are not working properly.

I have some scripts written which are working fine under Windows-XP.

Now I have migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7, It Seems that the Scripts are not working as expected like Windows XP.

What could be done if I want to run the Java UDF script under Windows 7?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I try to call _JavaTableCellSelect and _JavaTableCellValueGet

,but it can't get the correct value for col_select_name.

For example, as below tab

heading KEY A B C

k1 a1 b1 c1

k2 a2 b2 c2

I want to get the value c1 of row with KEY= k1

_JavaTableCellSelect("","",1,"",1,"KEY","k1","C")

By debug java.au3, it can get the correct row number,but the column number is wrong.

Can you give me some hints? or send your source code for the dll.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an excellent post and i am really thankful for this work.

I have been using Autoit since past months to automate windows applications and my recent project involves automating a Java application.

This post has given me good hope in that direction.

I would really appreciate if someone can point me to a solution for managing trees in Java application using Autoit and JAB. i need to expand and click on tree nodes inside the application.

Is there support for this is AutoItJavaAccess.dll?

Looking forward for some positive replies.

Thanks

Bhupinder

• 2 weeks later...

I followed all the steps, I have windows xp sp3, java version 6 update 20, downloaded accessbridge-2_0_1.exe and installed it, I already have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.21022 installed, AutoITJavaAccess.dll in system32 folder , Tesseract UDF in include, but when I open Java Ferret and check 'Track mouse events', it doesn't update the java objects in the GUI of my Java application. Any idea?

• 1 month later...

I followed all the steps, I have windows xp sp3, java version 6 update 20, downloaded accessbridge-2_0_1.exe and installed it, I already have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.21022 installed, AutoITJavaAccess.dll in system32 folder , Tesseract UDF in include, but when I open Java Ferret and check 'Track mouse events', it doesn't update the java objects in the GUI of my Java application. Any idea?

You need to install jab in the jre of the application you want to automate

Edited by Aktonius

still missing what this does. I can use java code parts inbetween my autoit code or what?

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

need help!

use windows 7 64bit, installed the files, but run _JavaObjPropertyGet.au3 return empty strings, I need to check "AutoITJavaAccess.dll" source code,

and the size of the "AutoITJavaAccess.dll" project can't be too big, if you exclude the .obj, .pch etc.

yes, please! this is what i am looking for as well. have been using successfully on xp systems, but will not work on 64 bit win7. source code would be great!

What happens if you run it in x86 mode instead of 64 bit?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 4 weeks later...

If I were to generate an .exe using this UDF to be used on ~20 consoles would I need to have Tesseract installed on all of them?

Also, there appears to be Java Access Bridge v2.0.2. Does everything work with the new version or do I need to seek out v2.0.1?

Edited by zpanderson

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I faced a problem which is about autoit and java awt, today I have installed all the requirements following the steps in this topic, but my java application can't been tracked mouse events in java ferret window, and I have seen someone has faced the same problem with me at above, and a member replied to him "You need to install jab in the jre of the application you want to automate ", I want to know what's the meaning of "jab", who can help us to explain it, thanks in advance, very ugent problem.

Hi, i have problem, hope you help me. Thanks.

i write script to run java application from sras.vietnamair.com.vn to add usernam e and password a nd push connect auto, but not correct.

All infomation about java application, i can get from java ferret.

myscript.

#include <Java.au3>
$my_url = "sras.vietnamair.com.vn"
ShellExecute ( "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", $my_url )
_JavaAttachAndWait("AITS - VietnamAirlines")
JavaObjValueSet("", "Password", "password text", "123456")    ;Password is name, password text is role
Sleep(500)

Autoit set 123455 to user name, that's wrong.

Thanks for help.

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble automating a Java Applet within IE. There are just a couple fields i need to complete and am trying to avoid mouse clicks. I have followed the installation instructions in the first post but cannot get JavaFerret to display anything at all. Running Win7 32-bit. Here are the files i downloaded and have installed:

jre-7u5-windows-i586.exe

jdk-7u5-windows-i586.exe

accessbridge-2_0_2-fcs-bin-b06.zip

vcredist_x86.exe

All the DLLs and .au3s are installed per the instructions. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

yes, please! this is what i am looking for as well. have been using successfully on xp systems, but will not work on 64 bit win7. source code would be great!

I am too successfully using the udf on winXP - great stuff - perfectly autoit (small&standalone, simple interface, reliable)!

As the others I fail on Win7 hosts regardless of 32/64 bit and used JRE (6/7).

I think the AutoITJavaAccess.dll is not compatible with WIN7, any of it's calls delivers "" =>; A result of "" indicates that the Java Access Bridge was unable to get values from the Java object.

The JAB works well (so ferret ect are shwoing the proper entries with the same strings as within WinXP).

1) Did anyone get the java udf being working in Win7 environment? I assume that Sean is not active any more () - so for me there seems no hope in getting it running under Win7.

2) anyone who has a hint how to get Java gui interaction with different tools (small&standalone, simple interface, reliable)?

Edited by ds34

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...