Java UDF

seangriffin

When trying to run the _JavaObjValueGet.au3 I get the following error

>Running AU3Check (1.54.14.0) from:C:Program FilesAutoIt3
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Java.au3(871,41) : WARNING: $javaferret_obj_role: possibly used before declaration.
if StringCompare($javaferret_obj_role,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Java.au3(871,41) : ERROR: $javaferret_obj_role: undeclared global variable.
if StringCompare($javaferret_obj_role,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:My DocumentsAutoIT ScriptsJavaTests_JavaObjValueGet.au3 - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
!>09:54:08 AU3Check ended.rc:2

I followed the steps for install I think and went back to double check everything. Any suggestions of what to look at next?

Javaferret.exe seems to work great with the piface.jar program.

you can change the java.au3,and add a line like follow:

Global $javaferret_obj_role

Hello,

I have an application which I am trying to automate the GUI. I have tried using the Au3Info tool, however it provides me with no control information what so ever. The Au3Info tool only provides the window name and the class name (SunAwtFrame). I then found out that it is a Java application and found this thread after some digging around. I then installed the Java access bridge and tried using the Java Ferret. This didn't provide me with anything either. After trying some of the examples I was able to confirm that the Java Ferret does work.

Does anyone know of another way to obtain window controls or have any suggestions for me?

hello,murfaul

I have a question same to you.Do you find the answer?

Hi, I faced a problem which is about autoit and java awt, today I have installed all the requirements following the steps in this topic, but my java application can't been tracked mouse events in java ferret window, and I have seen someone has faced the same problem with me at above, and a member replied to him "You need to install jab in the jre of the application you want to automate ", I want to know what's the meaning of "jab", who can help us to explain it, thanks in advance, very ugent problem.

hello,wwwlll2001

JAB is Java Access Bridge.And it is best choice that using Java Access Bridge 2.0.1

• Moderators

Hell merrist,

Welcome to AutoIt.

I have to give you a verbal suggestion/warning. Please don't bump or do multiple posts ( in the same topic ) back to back. Use multi-quote options if you want address more than one thing from one post.

Also, don't bump threads that are old ( like 2 or 3 months + old ), the thread you bumped about clicking Java buttons, was 2 years old.

Thanks and Enjoy.

SmOKe_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please help the AutoITJavaAccess.dll file does not work anymore.

If someone has the file, could they send it to me?

Thanks

I am trying to automate in a java environment.

Update: I found the file. Download and rename as .

Although I don't thank that this will work. I have got everything working in my environment, except every time i run it the variables that come back are always blank. I don't know how to decompile a dll to edit it to get it working in a windows 7 environment.

AutoITJavaAccess.txt

Edited by jkellerer

@roinheart

You do realize you're the 3rd person in a month that has said the same thing, not only that, jkellerer said the same thing YESTERDAY! We get it, the file's not available to download, there's no reason to keep posting in the thread about it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

gamidisiva, please do not bump posts in less than 24 hours.

Also, if you had taken a moment to read, folks have been asking for that file for a year with no response. The OP has not even been on the forum for the last year. It seems unlikely you're going to get a response in just a couple hours.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anything new on this?

I´m working on automating data entry into a Micros Opera PMS (hotel reservervations) system that runs with java ("SunAwtFrame" or similar it says in AU3Info).

and the first solution concept is usable yet limited, and not as stable or fast as I would like (lots of controlsend to the window).

I got Javaferret working to the point where I could see individual controls in "JEdit" as a test, just then that didn`t work for the other Java software, and so I´ve lost some hope in this direction...

...unless somewhere somebody has had further success with Java automation?

• 1 month later...

AutoITJavaAccess.dll

Use at your own risk!

I can't get to this site from where I am at work. I think our firewall is blocking it. I just found out about this and would like to try it out. I haven't yet installed the other prerequisites, but if I can't get this DLL, I don't see the point of trying.  Is there another location from www.autoitscript.com that I can download it from? Why isn't it in the Downloads section?

Thanks.

• Moderators

I haven't yet installed the other prerequisites, but if I can't get this DLL, I don't see the point of trying.

Way to ask politely for something.

As the UDF owner has not been active in this thread for 5 years, the likelihood that he will respond is low. That is why Starg posted the link he did. If you cannot access it at work due to corporate firewall rules, wait until you get home ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

Again, AutoIt has changed a lot in 5 years. I never used the UDF myself, but if it was no longer valid with the recent upgrade (script breaking changes, etc.) and the owner has not had time to resolve it, I can see it being removed.

Thanks for the explanation. I may still download it, but knowing beforehand that this may not work well with the latest upgrade to AutoIt would save me some hair pulling trying to get it to work. My AutoIt programming is pretty basic, and I'm not sure I have the time myself to get this working for my application.  I'll probably just end up going the route of using mouse locations.