Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pdaughe

Scite Editor

5 posts in this topic

I downloaded the full SciTE editor when I upgraded to AutoIT v3.3.0.0.

Has anyone else noticed an annoying editing difference?

I won't attempt to describe it in detail, but one example is that I used to be able to click on a line number (to highlight the line) then, without moving the mouse, right-click and select "Copy". That doesn't work now.

If anyone else has experienced this, I believe I discovered what is going on -- could be just unique to me though....

Post if this means anything to you :)

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I downloaded the full SciTE editor when I upgraded to AutoIT v3.3.0.0.

Has anyone else noticed an annoying editing difference?

I won't attempt to describe it in detail, but one example is that I used to be able to click on a line number (to highlight the line) then, without moving the mouse, right-click and select "Copy". That doesn't work now.

If anyone else has experienced this, I believe I discovered what is going on -- could be just unique to me though....

Post if this means anything to you :)

Ok ... I see the difference between the Full and the LITE version.

Did you already figure out were this behavious comes from?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok ... I see the difference between the Full and the LITE version.

Did you already figure out were this behavious comes from?

Jos

Yes, it's REALLY annoying, uh?

After a few false tries, I took an (likely) guess and replaced SciLexer.dll with an older version. Works like a charm now -- although I refrain from mixing versions, but it seems to work fine.

Yes, it's REALLY annoying, uh?

After a few false tries, I took an (likely) guess and replaced SciLexer.dll with an older version. Works like a charm now -- although I refrain from mixing versions, but it seems to work fine.

Just tried the latest LITE version and also has this behaviour.

It isn't annoying to me because I guess I have never used it like that and always go to the selected text first before doing a right-mouse-click.

It actually surprises me that SciLexer.dll is causing the issue in stead of the SciTE program.

I guess you could report it at the Scintilla Interest website if you want it check.

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.