Reading external port, is it possible

Ottoman

Greetings all

For a simpel counting application i need input from the real world

Would it be possible to read a external input into AutoIt, e.g. from rs232, the parallel port or USB?

I'm even thinking of slaughtering a mouse and just use one of the buttons, but how would i know which one is the "real" mouse, and which one would be the "counter"

All i need is a simple on/off signal, e.g. by pulling one of the controls on rs232/p-port

:Thanks, OM

Greetings all

Would it be possible to read a external input into AutoIt, e.g. from rs232, the parallel port or USB?

I'm even thinking of slaughtering a mouse and just use one of the buttons, but how would i know which one is the "real" mouse, and which one would be the "counter"

All i need is a simple on/off signal, e.g. by pulling one of the controls on rs232/p-port

i believe there are several server/client apps written in autoit.. look in scripts section.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Greetings all

There is a serial port udf in my signature. You can get cheap serial port mice which you could use plugged into COM1 say, and there would be no problem with it being confused with your normal mouse.

You could also get a second mouse, usb maybe, with extra buttons that you don't have or want on your normal mouse and then you can detect the extra buttons with AutoIt and you don't need any udf.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.