how do i send clicks for 4th and 5th mouse buttons ?

Splitz

I have a mouse with 2 normal buttons / a middle wheel / and 2 additional buttons on the side (referred to as 4th and 5th mouse)

when making a script i want to know how to make it send the 4th or 5th mouse button

MouseClick ( "button" [, x, y [, clicks [, speed ]]] )

so for "button" what would i put to have it send my 4th or 5th mouse button ?

Anyone know ?

I only have a regular mouse so I can't test, but the helpfile lists these buttons: "main", "menu", "primary", "secondary". Have you tried them?

• 2 months later...

Those top buttons aren't standard hardware. they aren't something detected naturally by the Operating System.

They're assigned to do something by the Logitech MX-518 driver. Run the Logitech Control Center and see how they're assigned, then you'll know what keys/buttons/strings you need to intercept or simulate. Or, you could reassign them to suit your needs...

Edit: It looks like the top and bottom small buttons default to adjusting mouse sensitivity up or down... Am not sure about the center one.

Edit2: Geez, that's one serious mouse driver. I just checked the Logitech site, there's no separate manual available. Am guessing it's embedded in the driver download or driver help file.

But, "SetPoint" version 4.72 for the MX518 just came out a month ago and at 51.5MB it ought to allow you to set those buttons to fry bacon or take out the trash. I'd download that, get yourself up to the latest version 4.72, then play in the control center and see what application/game profiles there are, what they do, how to modify them, or create new ones, etc.

Edited by Spiff59

Those top buttons aren't standard hardware. they aren't something detected naturally by the Operating System.

They're assigned to do something by the Logitech MX-518 driver. Run the Logitech Control Center and see how they're assigned, then you'll know what keys/buttons/strings you need to intercept or simulate. Or, you could reassign them to suit your needs...

Edit: It looks like the top and bottom small buttons default to adjusting mouse sensitivity up or down... Am not sure about the center one.

Edit2: Geez, that's one serious mouse driver. I just checked the Logitech site, there's no separate manual available. Am guessing it's embedded in the driver download or driver help file.

But, "SetPoint" version 4.72 for the MX518 just came out a month ago and at 51.5MB it ought to allow you to set those buttons to fry bacon or take out the trash. I'd download that, get yourself up to the latest version 4.72, then play in the control center and see what application/game profiles there are, what they do, how to modify them, or create new ones, etc.

Alright...

Options in the Mouse driver allow me to map Keyboard strokes to the buttons. So i just mapped those to the mouse then changed the 'hotkeys' in my application to those keys.

Thanks!