help

stuart

hi im new to auto it can u help

im just trying to make a program that will keep clicking my mouse left button till i tell it to stop

or will tell if a grey box appears on me game and then click on the yes box then press space bar for say 20 seconds then alt/f4 to exit the program

Edited by stuart

• Developers

Welcome to the support forum.

If you have Autoit3 question you can post them here, but your initial post doesn't have any question in it, just statements.

I am assuming you're not expecting us to write it for you....right ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

stuart,

The short answer is .... No.

The longer answer is .... We are not going to write a script for you. If you would like some help - and believe me there is a lot if it to be had on these forums - you need to do a minimum yourself first. Go and read the help file - suitable topics might be Send and MouseClick - and then try to write a script yourself. Once you have some code, try again and you will be surprised at the difference in the replies!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

having trouble under standing programing just basic help to put me on right track would help alot ty

Seems you are looking for the easy way out.

Try to learn some basic by reading the helpfile en its examples, searching the forums which has thousants of posts with similar questions like yours.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

stuart,

If you are new to programming - try the tutorials for AutoIt that you can find here and here. They will give you a good introduction to the language - and programming in general.

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

ok just thought id ask ty for u replys i suffer from dyslexia and have trouble getting use to things like this i dont want easy way out i like to do things my self is there i general help thing i can read for learning basic programs i can learn from there ty

ok just thought id ask ty for u replys i suffer from dyslexia and have trouble getting use to things like this i dont want easy way out i like to do things my self is there i general help thing i can read for learning basic programs i can learn from there ty

Dyslexia doesn't include throwing a whole post into one sentence.

• Moderators

stuart,

A good reply - please do try and do things for yourself. I gave you a couple of links in the post above - go and read through them. They are 2 very good tutorials on AutoIt by 2 well-respected (did I really say that about BrettF? :-) ) members of the AutoIt community. They will give you a good grounding in the language - and in programming generally.

Do not expect to be able to work wonders on Day 1. I have been programming for over 40 years - I started when we had to punch out our own cards in Fortran code and it took a day or two for the big mainframe to give back a couple of pages or so of error reporting! Modern languages are much more powerful - but do need to be understood if you are to get the best from them. AutoIt is a very good place to start: pretty easy syntax (how you write the commands), a good vocabulary (what you can do with it) and an excellent help system.

Do not be put off by our rather rough treatment of your first post. Go and learn a bit and then come back. As I said above - you will be surprised at the difference!

M23

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...