error on screen capture over time

punisa

hi !

I have a script which captures my screen on server over n over again, it does it in time intervals of 2 minutes. I configured it like so:

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
; Capture full screen
_ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image1.jpg")

Just as its found in the help file.

Everything seems to work ok, but sometimes after 10 or more hours I get an unusual error

"_Winapi_copyicon: the operation completed successfully"

Doesn't even look like an error if you read it, but it does stop my script and it's displayed in a msgbox that has a title: "error". It also has an "OK" button.

When I press it, the script exists and needs to be restarted manually.

Any ideas what I should do?

Should I alter the main screen capture script or go with a longer route and create another script which will monitor if the error appears and then close the "error" window and restart the script? :)

carpe diem

Hmm... try to run the _ScreenCapture_Capture function without a cursor capturing:

_ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image1.jpg", 0, 0, -1, -1, False)
Thanks for the tip Rasim, I was thinking that it might be cursor related error. I'll try it on my local computer. The only tricky part is that it sometimes took more then a day for one of my computers to pop out this error :)

I'm not sure how I'll be able to perform some real tests with such a huge time span. Maybe if I temper with a temporary script to capture screen every second? Perhaps I'll speed the way towards the potential error. :lmao:

Anyhow, is this some sort of memory leak problem when the mouse cursor is captured?

carpe diem