Sign in to follow this  
MuffettsMan

Can autoit detect mouse icon changes?

MuffettsMan

i'm fearfully thinking this could only be done with some sort of memory reading... but can autoit detect when the mouse icon eh cursor changes? (a simple example would be how the mouse changes from an arrow to a hand on a web link or to a bar when hovering over a window that can be typed in)

Don't let that status fool you, I am no advanced memeber!

Dampe

If they program is using a Windows mouse pointer, not a custom cursor (i.e a game) you can use

MouseGetCursor ( )

Take a look in the help file

MuffettsMan

If they program is using a Windows mouse pointer, not a custom cursor (i.e a game) you can use

MouseGetCursor ( )

Take a look in the help file

ahh yes i failed to include that detail... its a custom cursor >.< easiest thing i have contemplated at least at my scripting lvl... is to take a screenshot of the area around the mouse position then analyze that... though i'd imagine that would be a rather slow workaround

Don't let that status fool you, I am no advanced memeber!

Dampe

I'd say your best bet / fastest method would be through MemoryReading, although it does require some variety of knowledge / skill in the area.