Communicating servers question

disc330

Hello again forum, I once again come seeking some guidance...

I have been playing around with servers and databases for a while now, but still I'm not so good at it so I hope someone more experienced can asist me with this...

I have created a server, and this uses a database to check accounts, however I also have a login server, to purely manage clients logging in.

The problem I am having is that I don't know what would be the most effective way to get the data around the structure.

1. First of all, I dont want the client to communicate with the main server until they have been successfully logged in by the login server.

2. Secondly, I could either have the login server communicating with the database, or have it send the information to the main server and then the main server can communicate with the database therefore rendering the loginserver pretty useless...

3. Thirdly, if kept in use, I will need the login server to somehow communicate with the main server to say that an account is logged in and about to connect. Now as I'm using Kip's TCP UDF (The amazing event driven one :) ) so I don't know if its even possible to create two connections and havent even tried yet.

4. I still need to decide if it is effective to use TCP at all for the servers communicating. I quickly thought of a cheap workaround which would be to make a file, but I couldn't imagine that to be very effective everytime an account logs in.

If you want to throw some ideas at me go ahead, I'm very open to opinion. Any suggestions welcome.. thanks for reading. ^_^

EDIT: Well, its been half an hour and I think that I should be trying something rather than waiting, Ill check back later when I give up all hope. :)

Edited by disc330

Still learning...I love autoit. :)

There seems to be only one AutoIt related question-

Now as I'm using Kip's TCP UDF (The amazing event driven one ) so I don't know if its even possible to create two connections

I've not used the UDF but I can't see it being very popular without supporting multiple connections (since TCP itself does).

Your other questions could be asked on a database forum or at least in general chat.

Well, I got that working. It does indeed support client and server connections in one script. I realise my question was rather advice based than a requirement for help. Sorry about that. Just assumed a few people had been here and already learnt the mistakes for me. :)

Still learning...I love autoit. :)