How can I select a Start menu item?

SSJoco

I would like to run an application from the Start Menu. Exaple: start menu\Programs\Outlook

How can I select the item? I tried WinMenuSelectItem() command, but no luck.

I do not have the lnk file in the Doc & Settings folder. I tried Send() command as well, but it can not select the right item if the order is different.

Thanks

FileGetShortcut get information about the link, but i DON'T have it.

I said I do not have the lnk file because an Novell application add some link to the start menu. Therefore I can't see the link or the command.

Any idea?

A shortcut is nothing more that a link to the file in question. Knowing that, what is the name of the file you want to open? Look for the file by doing a search on your PC's Harddrive. You know, Start> Search> For File or Folder. Once you find the file - Either run it from there or make a shortcut to it to your desktop. This should be pretty strait forward. If it is Outlook, and it is installed in the normal place, then look in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10 (or 11 or 12 depending on your version of Office)\ Outlook.exe.

To make the shortcut - Once you find the file and you want to get to it later, simply open a context menu from the file (Secondary mouseclick on the file. A small menu will be displayed) Select "Create Shortcut". Then move the shortcut to where you want such as your desktop.