Sign in to follow this  
Melba23

SciTE Context menu

Melba23

Hi,

I used to know how to add internal SciTE commands (like Run and Compile) to the right click context menu, but my memory has faded (like my hair!).

I found user.context.menu in the help file, but looking at the SciTEGlobal.properties file I am pretty sure that was not how I did it last time.

I seem to remember that it involved the 301 and 303 command codes. Jos, are you out there?

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba23

Volly,

Thanks. I thought I had looked there - obviously not hard enough!

M23

Edited by Melba23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Jos

Hi,

I used to know how to add internal SciTE commands (like Run and Compile) to the right click context menu, but my memory has faded (like my hair!).

I found user.context.menu in the help file, but looking at the SciTEGlobal.properties file I am pretty sure that was not how I did it last time.

I seem to remember that it involved the 301 and 303 command codes. Jos, are you out there?

M23

This is what we have in au3.properties:

#Modify Context Menu to add Right Click, Add as Snippet
user.context.menu=||Add as Snippet|1116|

As far as the numbers to use: file SciTE.h (from the available source code) contains all possible options inside SciTE and 1100+xx for each defined user defined command.

Jos :)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Melba23

Jos,

Looking at what you posted above, I was struck by the "1100+xx for each defined user defined command".

I see from au3.properties that command 1116 in the context menu must refer to:

# 16 GAfrost Snippet holder
command.16.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CSnippet\CSnippet.exe" /CreateSnippet
command.name.16.$(au3)=Snippet Holder
command.shortcut.16.$(au3)=Ctrl+Alt+s
command.subsystem.16.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.16.$(au3)=2
command.replace.selection.16.$(au3)=0
command.quiet.16.$(au3)=1

I am firmly of the opinion that SciTE is among the, if not the, best programmer's editor I have come across and I learn (or try to, as my original post shows!) new tricks every day. I have a few small utilities I wrote in AutoIt which I would like to run from within SciTE (abbreviation manager, CallTip manager, colour selector, etc). Having read your post, I tried to incorporate them in a similar manner to the code above. But when I tried it did not work (and yes I did restart SciTE, before you ask!).

I used this - the highest number I could find was #x 33 Open BETA #include File and so I went a bit above that:

# 40 RGB selector
command.40.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\SciTE Utils\RGB.exe"
command.name.40.$(au3)=RGB

But then adding 1140 to the context menu did not work, you must know why. The .shortcut, .save.before and .replace.selection lines are pretty obvious - but what are the others for? And what do I have to do to get my little utilities to work? A shortcut is not necessary, I am quite happy with a rightclick context menu entry.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

M23

Spoiler

Jos

There is no need to restart SciTE when adding a extra User defined tool to the tools menu as far as I know. :)

Anyways, did you open the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile which contains the standard SciTE helppage describing all the possible options for each option ?

Oh, and when making additions/changes to the standard setup you want to save that in the SciTEUser.properties.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Melba23

Jos,

Hint taken!

M23

Edit: SciTE is the best! If a little complicated to get to grips with at times ;-)

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

Jos

Jos,

Hint taken!

M23

sorry about that, but I am pretty sure you will understand most of it and I am just a lazy bastart when it comes to having to type stuff thats already available :)

Just let me know when you have issues and I will try to be more helpfull ....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Melba23

Jos,

You are quite right. I often suggest that people RTFM, so I can hardly complain when it is done to me! Although I must say that I find the SciTE docs less than clear at times.

Anyway, I have got it working now thanks - shows what a prod from a respected guru can do!

M23

Spoiler