Error 'capture'

AlexTaitson

Hi all, I'm in need of help again, this time for something I dont know if it can be done.

I'm creating a "Printer installer" program to install multiple printers at once (like 50 printers if needed be).

What I want to know is:

Is it possible for AutoIt to detect if an error occurs in WINDOWS? (not on the program I wrote, but Windows errors due to vbs commands or rundll32 commands that are executed by my program)

I want my program to detect errors and write about it in a Report file that will be created, but I can't find a way to make it detect the errors.

I don't have ANYTHING coded about this error detecting so far, as I have no clue.

I'll keep searching, but if anyone around can help me, please do =]

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alexandre Taitson Moreira

Intentionally create errors that might occur... and then examine the windows with the au3info (refer to 'Window Titles and Text (Advanced)' in help-file)... and finally add a detection part to you installer script (maybe via adlib), if any of the error windows do exist during your script run (use a 'WinExists()' check).

Edited by KaFu

Intentionally create errors that might occur... and then examine the windows with the au3info (refer to 'Window Titles and Text (Advanced)' in help-file)... and finally add a detection part to you installer script (maybe via adlib), if any of the error windows do exist during your script run (use a 'WinExists()' check).

Thanks a lot for the tip, didn't know about this au3info.exe, as I was only coding so far and didn't need it yet.

Going go start playing around it now, it really seems fun.

I'll post again if I need some more help with it, as I'm not familiar yet.

Thanks,

Alexandre Taitson Moreira