Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klinki

Input Parameter

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody,

I am a newbie to AutoIT and would really appreciate some hints, in order to solve the following problem:

I created a script that automaticaly uses the PDF Compare functionality of Adobe Acrobat.

(Unfortunately with fixed path- and filename.)

Solution1:

The names of those files that should be compared with each other will be deliverd by another progam/procedure (PERL).

This procedure will iteratively call the AutoIT-exe file and provide the file names as input parameters (command line?)

Thus I thought of receivng the names of these files as input parmeters, as soon as the exe-File (compiled AutoIT-Script) is being called.

Is there a way to realize this?

Solution2:

Alternatively I thought of implementing the whole scenario with AutoIT.

Therfore I would have to read out the filename and use it, in order to find and select a comparable file (in another folder).

The whole process have to be implemented as loop, in order iteratively compare all files. Since I am no expert, Solution1 seems easier to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Klinki

Acrobat.au3

Hi Everybody,

I am a newbie to AutoIT and would really appreciate some hints, in order to solve the following problem:

I created a script that automaticaly uses the PDF Compare functionality of Adobe Acrobat.

(Unfortunately with fixed path- and filename.)

Solution1:

The names of those files that should be compared with each other will be deliverd by another progam/procedure (PERL).

This procedure will iteratively call the AutoIT-exe file and provide the file names as input parameters (command line?)

Thus I thought of receivng the names of these files as input parmeters, as soon as the exe-File (compiled AutoIT-Script) is being called.

Is there a way to realize this?

Solution2:

Alternatively I thought of implementing the whole scenario with AutoIT.

Therfore I would have to read out the filename and use it, in order to find and select a comparable file (in another folder).

The whole process have to be implemented as loop, in order iteratively compare all files. Since I am no expert, Solution1 seems easier to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Klinki

You can use $CmdLine to capture parameters passed to an AutoIt executable. Check out the help file.

$CmdLine[0] returns the number of parameters

$CmdLine[1] is the first parameter

$CmdLine[2] is the second.....and so on....

Hi Erik,

thanks so far. It is working - not as difficult as I thought.

Have a nice day.

Cheers klinki