Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riki381

how to get window controls

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im a newbie and i would appreciate any help.

My question is:

How can you get all controls in a window, if all you have is the window handle?

I have this exe window, but i dont know which controls were used in this application.

Thanks,

riki381

Use AutoIt Window Info. Press Ctrl+F6 when the script is open to run AutoIt Window Info.

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

I used AutoIt Window info, I got window info however I could not get the ID for the particular buttons [example I did not get ID for OK button], I am also new bee I am glade if you help me in this regards... Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------"You are never a loser,until you quit trying"------------------------------------------------------

Did you look in the "Control" tab?

Yes I did...

------------------------------------------------------"You are never a loser,until you quit trying"------------------------------------------------------

So I can think of three things. It's not Windows control or it's a stacked control or it's a window. Anyway, if it has control ID then you'll see it.

I could see

Class - Droverlord-Window class

Instances -1

ClassnameNN - Droverlord-Window class1

Advanced(Class) - [CLASS: Droverlord-Window class; INSTANCES-1]

However ID is blank.

The window has 3 buttons, I got same values for all the 3 buttons. Could you please tell me how to access the buttons in the GUI.

The application run in vista 64 bit OS, Could any one help in this...

The control functions are well fine just with the ClassnameNN if you have it:

ControlClick($hwnd, '', 'Droverlord-Window class1')

The control functions are well fine just with the ClassnameNN if you have it:

ControlClick($hwnd, '', 'Droverlord-Window class1')

Thanks for your continues replay.

This command will click on the window. However I need to select the buttons which is placed in the same window.

what is ClassnameNN?, could any one guide me to find a ID for the button from ClassnameNN.