Get data sent by a programme

eEniquEe

This is my very first post in the forum.. :)

Let me introduce myself. I'm a student in university, and my field is Maths, but I really love programming, and games. I have learnt some pretty basic programming languages in school (Pascal, VB, and recently, a little bit of C++), and I've completed a couple of simple 2D games.. :"> So, personally, I think I have some basic knowledge to move onto AutoIt, right? :)

I'm a Vietnamese, so please, just forgive me if my English sounds awfully. I'll try to explain everything as clearly as possible.

Ok, so let's get it started.

When you are playing an online game, or any games on PCs, you actually "see", and "locate" where you are, and you really "know" what you are doing, where you are running to. But an automate programme cannot know it. It doesn't know your position, where you are, or even whether a mob is hitting you or not.

So, my point is, how to show the programme the needed info, so that it can act as soneone's playing the game?

I'm not sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong, there are 2 ways of doing this:

The first way is to read out the needed info stored in your RAM, by using pointer, and stuff? Does it sound right? :-S How can I do this? To know where my needed info is located in, like 2GB of RAM? This sounds just impossible.. :-SS

The second way is: Since the Game needs to "communicate" with the sever, at least that's the way all Online Game acts, right? So there'll be data sent to, and received from the main server. And I think, if the automate programme can read these data, and "understand" it, then my problem is solved. Is this right? So, how can I make my programme receive the same data as the file .exe of the Game? Is that even possible?

If the 2 ways above aren't workable, so what should I do to make my programme "sees" what I see?

I haven't done any stuff with Internet, anh network yet.. :-S Can you guys recommend any books that teach about network, and stuff like that? I'm sure it'll be very useful for me if I want to work with AutoIt in the future.

So, thanks a ton.. ^_^ I'll be very grateful if you guys can help me out with this.. :huh2:

Hi.

Welcome to the forum :)

When you are playing an online game, or any games on PCs, you actually "see", and "locate" where you are, and you really "know" what you are doing, where you are running to. But an automate programme cannot know it. It doesn't know your position, where you are, or even whether a mob is hitting you or not.

So, my point is, how to show the programme the needed info, so that it can act as soneone's playing the game?

I'm not sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong, there are 2 ways of doing this:

The first way is to read out the needed info stored in your RAM, by using pointer, and stuff? Does it sound right? :-S How can I do this? To know where my needed info is located in, like 2GB of RAM? This sounds just impossible.. :-SS

For that you would have to know the structures you want to search for.

The second way is: Since the Game needs to "communicate" with the sever, at least that's the way all Online Game acts, right? So there'll be data sent to, and received from the main server. And I think, if the automate programme can read these data, and "understand" it, then my problem is solved. Is this right? So, how can I make my programme receive the same data as the file .exe of the Game? Is that even possible?

For that you would need to code a transparent Proxy that 1.) catches all data exchanged with the gaming server, and 2.) you will need to know the encoding of the data exchanged.

If the 2 ways above aren't workable, so what should I do to make my programme "sees" what I see?

Have a look at the function "Pixelsearch()".

What you basically plan is to code a KI robot for online games. Many online game use gameguard to protect the games from beeing controlled through Autoit and similar tools.

I personally think that game botting isn't a nice thing: The main purpose is to simulate online gaming time to earn credits -- cheating others that DO play online to achive the credits you wanna "earn" through your robot.

Finally, there have been questions asked like yours, time by time. But here in this forum there isn't a real "Game Boting Team", such forum members are usually "one time touch and go" people. The people, that are frequently active in this forum don't seem to be very interested in game boting...

Beside this: Autoit is a very nice language worth to learn it. :) If you wanna do your first steps with a game bot, do it! Have a close look to the FAQ (this forum, top sticky postings), autoit 123 and especially at the tons of sample code in the help file.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Have a look at the function "Pixelsearch()".

Yeah, thanx, I'll look into it.. :)

I personally think that game botting isn't a nice thing: The main purpose is to simulate online gaming time to earn credits -- cheating others that DO play online to achive the credits you wanna "earn" through your robot.

Finally, there have been questions asked like yours, time by time. But here in this forum there isn't a real "Game Boting Team", such forum members are usually "one time touch and go" people. The people, that are frequently active in this forum don't seem to be very interested in game boting...

Oh, my bad.. ^_^ I'm really sorry. I've just downloaded AutoIt yesterday; and on reading its name, description, as well as examples, I just thought the main usage of this language is to make bots.

I'll look deeper into the forums to get a better view of AutoIt. :)

"one time touch and go". Pretty sure I'm not this type of people.. :huh2:

Ah, and, btw, to stop some programmes in other languages (when it's running), we can simply press the "Esc" key. But that key doesn't seem to work in AutoIt. :lmao: What can I do, if I'm stuck in a forever loop? How can I tell the programme to End Now?