Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myxomatosii

InetGet Problem Getting the Right File

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

InetGet ( "URL" [,"filename" [, reload [, background]]] )

I'm using that command for the first time on a page written in PHP.

The only problem is that every time I use the command and create the file, whether it be .html or .txt it downloads the page that says "Sorry you are logged out... etc etc."

But when I view the page source, or download the file manually I get the full file... so... what am I doing wrong? I get lost so easy, I hope I have given enough information..

My next question would be how to make a .txt file into a string but I am going to go read on that while I wait for an answer here so I might be able to figure that part out by then.

Edited by myxomatosii

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

You ARE logged out because your browser keeps your login information. AutoIt doesn't do that.

You should be using the _IE libraries for this one, preferably.

Make txt file into a string:

$sData = FileRead("C:\somefile.txt")

Edited by Manadar

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

You ARE logged out because your browser keeps your login information. AutoIt doesn't do that.

You should be using the _IE libraries for this one, preferably.

Make txt file into a string:

$sData = FileRead("C:\somefile.txt")

Ok, I'll go read up and give it a shot and let you know :unsure:

edit: i've just begun reading and it seems overwhelming and hard to understand, i'm going to keep trying to understand it tho :P

it breeds a lot of questions

such as.. if i use this _ie library and make a browser and such, do i have to log myself in and everything using the script then finally get to the file?

OK, I found out how to make

ConsoleWrite(_INetGetSource('url here'))

but it still sees me as logged out, however I did manage to get the information in a better way without creating a file, so thats some progress at least :D

edit2: ok so i am really confused but i will figure it out, i just have some basic questions.. so i am understanding that, even though i am logged in on this page through firefox, i must launch an IE window and log in so i can get the same information that is available through firefox? i just wanted to ask.

Edited by myxomatosii