How to pass text for encryption?

qwert

Id like to get some advice on how to best implement a text encryption feature.

I use a database package that lacks any encryption capabilities, yet I occasionally need to encrypt a five- or ten-thousand character field. What Im planning to do is call an AU3 script to perform the encryption -- but Im looking for a best way to pass the text and receive the result.

My first thought was to have the database write the text to a file, call the AU3 script and then import the resulting file.

I could also simply cut the text onto the clipboard, call the AU3 script -- and then paste the result into my text field. But Ive never tried to communication with a script through the clipboard.

A third possibility would be to pass the test block to the script as a parameter. But is there a size limit on parameters? I havent explored this.

Before I get into this, I would appreciate hearing of any considerations that would make one of these choices the obvious best approach.

Thanks for any help.

ControlGetText perhaps?

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I had looked at WinGetText earlier but decided it wouldn't be practical because the database window might contain multiple text fields, only one of which should be encrypted -- plus I saw the 64kb size limit. Specifically on ControlGetText, the database doesn't seem to use any kind of standard control IDs -- none that Au3Info can detect, anyway. Everything shows to be under an umbrella "MDI Client" label.