Is it possible to automate Log off then log on, as an Administrator?

Hi, I'm a novice here, sorry if i haven't done enough search&read.

I found out that log off could be automate with shutdown(20), but not sure how to automate logon after that.

As I couldn't manage to find the command, also I'm not sure if the process of AutoIt's script will be killed when logging off.

If there's a clue or example exists, please suggest.

Hi, I'm a novice here, sorry if i haven't done enough search&read.

I found out that log off could be automate with shutdown(20), but not sure how to automate logon after that.

As I couldn't manage to find the command, also I'm not sure if the process of AutoIt's script will be killed when logging off.

If there's a clue or example exists, please suggest.

sysinternals has an autologon utility that installs as a service -- you could conceivably write code to install / uninstall activate / deactivate its functionality.

Addendum -- if you pursue this, please post results or problems / issues -- curious to see what you come up with.

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

sysinternals has an autologon utility that installs as a service -- you could conceivably write code to install / uninstall activate / deactivate its functionality.

Addendum -- if you pursue this, please post results or problems / issues -- curious to see what you come up with.

Create these regkeys

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon

DefaultUserName: REG_SZ

DefaultPassword: REG_SZ

AutoAdminLogon: REG_DWORD

Hi, Thank you for your responses, but let me clarify what I'd like the code to do in steps:

After running the script:

1. Open a program, do some tasks, save and close.

2. Log off.

3. Log on.

4. Open a program, do some tasks, save and close.

5. Log off.

6. Log on.

n

Here, the problem is I don't know how, or is it possible, to have the code continue running to log on, after, the code itself has performed to log off the system.

Edited by kacharuk