Help wanted : irc functions

Apzo

Hello all.

I'm trying to make my own IRC chat-bot.

I'm using the wonderfull au3xtra.dll, and I can establish the first step of a socket connexion to an irc server.

But I still have problems to join a chanel :lmao:

Would someone be kind enough to share it's (working) functions ?

Thx in advance.

L.H.

Completely out of the scope of AutoIt. If you need help opening a socket, that would be something to ask here. However, since it seems you can get past the authentication stage, I assume that you can do that. Therefore, any other questions you have about communicating with an IRC server can be found by reading the RFC's for IRC. You can find RFC's here. I'd also recommend turning on debugging in mIRC and looking at how the packets are constructued if the RFC scares you.

Download xchat. www.xchat.org. They have 3 plugins available (maybe more, been a while since I checked). It accepts perl scripts, (with special perl-xchat commands) and python programming ( my favorite) and eggdrop. I strongly suggest that you do not get caught up with mIRC because it is limited. Besides, if you can incorporate python or perl into a irc bot, then why bother with mIRC scripting? X-Chat is generally used on linux/bsd, but is readily available for windows computers with full support. It is free and a heck of a lot better in my opinion then any other client. If you are looking for socketSending bots, then you can check out www.python.org because it is a great language with tons and tons of modules including EXCELLENT socket server handling. You can write a very functional irc bot in less than 200 lines.

If you are looking for premade bots, I suggest checking this link. It is only for xchat-plugin bots though, not socket server bots which send information directly to the server, so you would need xchat to use it. http://scripts.xchat.org/cgi-bin/disp

-I am the giver of life and the bringer of death.

Thx, but...

Autoit outputs stand-alone and light .exe, which is exactly what I want.

I can't install mIrc (or kinda) at work, and autoit provides a real good GUI o:)

I'd like to provide some IRC UDFs, and I'd save time if I could have some working examples.

Anyway, excellent idea to turn on mIrc debugging !

I will use etherreal instead, it's part of my work toolbox :lmao:

L.H.

Edited by Apzo