uSbuntu Live Creator

Slym

Hi,

I have an advanced AutoIT project called uSbuntu Live Creator and i would like to find some contributors (mostly for development and a bit for design) in order to make it grow faster.

The project's webpage is on my blog : http://usbuntu.slym.fr

I currently have approximately 300 visitors/day and 6000 unique users and software uses 2000 lines of code.

So if you are an AutoIT enthusiastic with good programming skills and feel like you could help improving this project do not hesitate to contact me in this topic or by email : usbuntu (at) slym.fr

Sources are available (attached in each release) but please do not publicly release some modified version ! Even if sources are available, be aware that it's currently not an open source project.

Description

uSbuntu Live Creator is a free software for Windows that allows you to create a bootable USB key with Ubuntu 8.10 on it. This software also offers an exclusive option of automatic virtualization to launch directly Ubuntu in Windows without any configuration nor installation.

Main features of uSbuntu Live Creator are :

• create bootable USB device from Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu
  • enable persistency of your data
  • launch Ubuntu directly in Windows with a special Portable VirtualBox
  • hide created files on the key
  • automatically configure keyboards (supports French, canadian and US keyboards)

Posted Image

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

I have a hunch that a moderator will come along who doesn't think this belongs in Example Scripts.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 weeks later...

Why wouldnt this belong? Its a wonderful project, made in autoit. I have seen its source code.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

@Slym

Bon travail :P (Good work)

Je te conseille quelques petites choses :

-utiliser le style $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST pour le combo de l'étape 1

-attendre que les disques on été chargés avant de démarrer la fenêtre car sinon sa lag

Cheers, FireFox.

@Slym,

I am sorry that I wasnt able to improve the source code last time you gave it to me, I just couldnt find any new features that I needed. I think it works great as is.

The only thing that would make this any better is if it where to be able to support multiple OS's. Ubuntu, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and possibly others. I wouldnt be able to begin to help with this, as I would have nowhere to start. :P

Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

i already have a long list of features to implement. Some are quite easy and some are not (like auto-updater for example).

Support for multiple OS could be implemented but it's really easier with Linuxes. Put XP on a key is a real pain in the ass. Moreover, i'm focusing on Ubuntu and its variants because Fedora already had a similar tool and i don't know enough about other distributions.

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

Oh heres a cool feature idea! What about a multiboot setup? This way, you could install more than one OS on a flash drive.

Spoiler

Why wouldnt this belong? Its a wonderful project, made in autoit. I have seen its source code.

Because this is Example Scripts it was basicly asking for help and support in the first post. It seems to have gone pretty much past that point now.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Well, yes. He is asking for help, but not with a particular issue. Wouldnt a post asking for general help with a project be chastised in help and support? Thats for spasific issues right?

At the same time, he is also showing it off.

Idk, its on the border of both.

Spoiler

Well, yes. He is asking for help, but not with a particular issue. Wouldnt a post asking for general help with a project be chastised in help and support? Thats for spasific issues right?

At the same time, he is also showing it off.

Idk, its on the border of both.

I think it's fine here now. He's just doing updates at this point. We all get requests and/or suggestions for changes here and that is different from actually asking for help in this forum.

George