Wildcard StringRegExp

dcop

Here are 2 strings that exist just like this...

<TD>Matt Kenseth</TD>|<TD>Jimmie Johnson</TD>

I would like to match them just using substring and I want to do it with StringRegExp

Heres what I have

<codebox>

If StringRegExp($aPicks[$i], ' (Kenseth|Johnson)') <> 0 Then _ArrayDelete($aPicks, $i)

</codebox>

I've tried many things but I guess I just dont get it.

TIA, Dennis

So?

#include <Array.au3>

$var = "<TD>Matt Kenseth</TD>|<TD>Jimmie Johnson</TD>"
$a = StringRegExp($var, '<TD>(.*?)</TD>', 3)

_ArrayDisplay($a)
I am sorta of accomplishing that with....

CODE
If StringRegExp($aPicks[$i], '(<TD>Matt Kenseth</TD>|<TD>Jimmie Johnson</TD>') <> 0 Then _ArrayDelete($aPicks, $i)
...but I would like to just match the short string I mentioned and the string with TD's may not always be consistent but the kenseth and johnson will.

try this pattern:

"(Kenseth)|(Johnson)"

the or-operator just works for the 2 characters left/right of it. If you want to use it for multiple chars, you have to group them (non-matching groups work, too: "(?:Kenseth)|(?:Johnson)" )

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

try this pattern:

"(Kenseth)|(Johnson)"

the or-operator just works for the 2 characters left/right of it. If you want to use it for multiple chars, you have to group them (non-matching groups work, too: "(?:Kenseth)|(?:Johnson)" )

Thnan Andy!

"(?:Kenseth)|(?:Johnson)|(?:Gordon)|(?:Logano )|(?:Edwards)" worked great!