Help with TCPConnect

Hello,

I have a quick question that I was hoping some talented scripter here could help me with.

I have written a small script that uses the TCP functions of AutoIT. As it stands now, it's simply used to connect two computers and send small messages back and forth. This is my first script so I won't bother you with the horrendous code unless it's requested.

My problem is not getting the script to work. Over my LAN, it works great. Two computers hook up and send messages with TCPsend and TCPrecv well. The problem is when I hook my one computer(the one that joins, not the host) up to a neighbor's network and then try and connect them.

I have set my network to port forward the port I used(65432) to the host computer. When that didn't work I opened all ports using DMZ to the host computer. It still is not working.

What have I done wrong?

I can show you the (probably very ugly) code if you need to see it, but the script works fine over a home network. It doesn't seem to work over the internet.

Do I have to change a setting on the other network that the joining computer is part of for it to TCPConnect to my host?

Thanks for any help you guys can be

Edit: One more thing: The script queues you to enter an IP that is used as the IP for the TCPListen and TCPConnect functions. For the host I am entering the IP that my ISP gives my router. For the joining computer I am using that same IP. I never use my network IP except for specifying which computer my router is to port forward that port to. Just FYI. Thanks.

Edit #2: I have thoroughly used the search function and have found a great deal of help with my script, but haven't located a thread about a problem like mine.

Edited by disillusioned

Have done that. I can't seem to ping the hosting IP from the connecting computer also.

Anyone have any idea?

Try setting the Default DMZ server to the computer your running the "server" from in your script.