Proper syntax for _ADAddUserToGroup variables?

I am trying to use the _ADAddUserToGroup function from the ADFunctions.au3 UDF however am having some trouble when tring to send this variable to it

$group = "cn=office, OU=company, OU=affiliate, DC=central, DC=network, DC=com"

I'm just trying to get the function to work before I add in actual variables and clean it up. Whenever I use it it gives me the error "There is no such object on the Server."

I have used the _NetAPI_GroupAddUser function and that does work beautifully, however I wanted to try the other function because I think I can get the group membership of a single user from the _ADGetUserGroups function into an array and then mirror a new user to have the same groups without having to manipulate the data.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you ever figured this out, but here's how I got it working.

_ADAddUserToGroup(_ADSamAccountNameToFQDN($sGroup), _ADSamAccountNameToFQDN($sUser))

It says to use the SamAccountName in the function comments, but it really needs the DN to both the group and user. It also says you don't need the leading CN= which is incorrect.

Just use it similar to how I've shown above in my example and you should be fine. Just be careful with some groups. I ran into a few special groups where the SamAccountName wasn't the same as the name or cn.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cyri. I searched a bit and got this module to work using _ADDNToSamAccountName and the _NetAPI_GroupAddUser function from elsewhere. It isn't pretty but it works. Looks like this:

for $loop = 1 to $counter
    $name = _ADDNToSamAccountName($array[$loop])
    _NetAPI_GroupAddUser($user, $name, "your.network.com")
Next

This acts as a copy/paste for one user and mirrors the groups onto a new user.

I'll keep my eyes open for the groups that have the different SamAccountName.