Usage of AutoItX3.dll leads to memory leak?

SGA

I am using AutoItX3.dll in VB6 to automate one of the application, some times my application hangs and even my OS XP does not respond. Once i kill my exe (Which uses AutoItX3.dll), every thing returns to normal. What might be the cause? Is this due to memory leak?

Thanks in advance.

These are the functions which were used extensively, i may not be able to share the code here :P

1. AutoItObj.WinActive

2. AutoItObj.WinGetState

3. AutoItObj.WinWaitActive

4. AutoItObj.Sleep

5. AutoItObj.WinExists

6. AutoItObj.WinMenuSelectItem

7. AutoItObj.ControlCommand

8. AutoItObj.ControlGetText

9. AutoItObj.Send

10. AutoItObj.ControlListView

11. AutoItObj.ControlGetFocus

12. AutoItObj.ControlClick

13. AutoItObj.ControlTreeView

14. AutoItObj.ControlSetText

15. AutoItObj.Opt

Would it be possible for you to create a sample project with the same behavior? How advanced is your project? Ex: One or several window, targeting external processes, Use third party controls, do you manipulate the apartment threading model, do you use other dll's? Do you have tools available to do a proper execution trace of your application (or suspected offending area of application)?

I ask not because I'm likely to be able to help you out but because the information provided normally would not be enough to help people help you.

Can you replace AutoItObj.Sleep with VB sleep?

Sure i will try to create a sample project with similar implementation and will try once,

The code runs on several windows of same application and operates on all type of controls present on window. Yes i use other Dll's but thats not the problem (because the same dll's are used in other applications and not facing any issue there).

Sure i will try to create a sample project with similar implementation and will try once,

Good, as simple as possible to prove/show the problem. Note: when I say "as simple as possible" I'm not saying it is easy to replicate your problem. It could easily be a daunting (and frustrating ) task to figure stuff like this.

Yes i use other Dll's but thats not the problem (because the same dll's are used in other applications and not facing any issue there).

That is not a good attitude, it will bite your ass badly some day. Bin there, done that..:D

Another question. Do you use a unit test framework to verify your code? Maybee one that supports Mock objects?