problem with creating a direcory on remote server

Guest chuchu

Guest chuchu

:lmao:

I tried to create a new directory on a remote but accessible server using both FileCreateDir, \\[server name]\\kuku and Run, %Comspec% /C MD \\[server name]\\kuku. Both did not work although when I tried it from the Windows Run command line it was successful.

Can anyone help?

:lmao:

I tried to create a new directory on a remote but accessible server using both FileCreateDir, \\[server name]\\kuku and Run, %Comspec% /C MD \\[server name]\\kuku. Both did not work although when I tried it from the Windows Run command line it was successful.

Can anyone help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, the correct way to reference a remote disk resource is: \\servername\sharename

Therefore, if you want to create a new directory under a share, then the path you need to use is: \\servername\sharename\directoryname

Secondly, The command to create a directory is DirCreate and not FileCreateDir with version 3+ of AutoIT.

First of all, the correct way to reference a remote disk resource is: \\servername\sharename

Therefore, if you want to create a new directory under a share, then the path you need to use is: \\servername\sharename\directoryname

Secondly, The command to create a directory is DirCreate and not FileCreateDir with version 3+ of AutoIT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However, since this is the V2 Support forum and the author is clearly using V2, maybe they want V2 help meaning you're giving them useless information.

chuchu, backslashes have to be doubled in V2. That means it would be \\\\server\\share\\path\\to\\wherever.

However, since this is the V2 Support forum and the author is clearly using V2, maybe they want V2 help meaning you're giving them useless information.

chuchu, backslashes have to be doubled in V2.  That means it would be \\\\server\\share\\path\\to\\wherever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooops....I replied from View New Posts and didn't bother to look.

Many apologies! :">

ay yi ya yi yi yaaaaa Uuuuuuussssssseeeeee vvvvvvvvvvvvv 3333333333 ay yi ya yi yi yaaaaa

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]