keystroke to a NOT active window

my problem is that i wanna send a single key stroke into a window which is not active (in this case its hidden) and that doesnt have a single control (so you cant get a control id).. the question is is there any relatively simple way of sendin such a stroke >without< makin the window active (and makin it active just for the time of send command then hidin again is not what i really need)

thx in advance

You will need to get a control handle to the window - look at WinGetHandle() in the help file and the example.

Once you have the handle, as shown in the example, you can use ControlSend to send keystrokes to a control. You will need to know the control you want to send the keystroke to, I don't think you can send it to just a window.

Hope that helps

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

if it could be that easy :D i can obtain the handle of the window but the window itself doesn have any controls at all so when i want to call ControlSend() i dont have a control ID which i need to put as a parameter (and no i cant modify the window)

What does the AutoIt Info tool say?

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]