Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oktoberfest2

Way to detect if a screen capture is performed

4 posts in this topic

I realize there are probably many ways to get Windows to save off a snapshot of the screen. I'm interested in the most common programming ways (not print screen key).

I don't have any intention to intercept to stop the capture from taking place. More just interested in finding out how often the capture takes place and for what programs, etc.

This is related to a monitoring program on my machine.

I'm thinking I may need to trap a certain windows message but I need a little nudge.

Thanks in advance.

The easiest way to view this is by going into the appendix under Windows Message Code, it has tons of messages. You should focus the most on the ClipBoard though such as WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD.

0x576520616C6C206469652C206C697665206C69666520617320696620796F75207765726520696E20746865206C617374207365636F6E642E

The easiest way to view this is by going into the appendix under Windows Message Code, it has tons of messages. You should focus the most on the ClipBoard though such as WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD.

Thanks for the response. It seems that even the _ScreenCapture_Capture function isn't picked up on by the clipboard though. I may look into existing software. Thanks again

You just can't do it

there are tons of ways to capture the screen... (capture all of it, capure Windows, and read pixel by pixel, for instance) so you can't know if someone is capturing the screen

what you can do is monitor in some way the clipboard or the dll that capures the screen but it would only work when you press the screen capture key.

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org