Sign in to follow this  
kjactive

Halt msg until action

:"> Is there a way to halt msg messages until an action sets in like in most other languages to prevent overheat of the system memory...

example:

$msg = GUIGetMsg(1) // wait for api messages

Select

case

case

endselect

Kåre :lmao:

i dont think so

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

GUIGetMsg automaticall saves system CPU... read the helpfile

From HelpFile for GUIGetMsg:

Remarks

This function automatically idles the CPU when required so that it can be safely used in tight loops without hogging all the CPU.

:lmao: if thats what your looking for

FootbaG

Yes I know that I can slow down the msg 'runtime' but if I got several windows open at the same time and they all got lots of case to check a every run this would take up some CPU power even if I do not do anything, even a mouse move - why, is there not a 'waituntilnextmsg' or is this ment to do constant check at every 250 ms