OCR for one particular app

Hi all,

I'm looking at an app that will read text from an image from one particular app (So the font size and colour will remain constant - see attached)

I want this to be input into a file, spreadsheet, whatever (I'll work on that later)

What is the best way to achieve this (If it is at all possible)

PixelChecksum seems to be an option, but I have no idea how to translate this into editable text.

(Alternatively, does anyone know how to decode and reproduce the algorithm that generates these numbers that change on an hourly / daily basis! LOL)

Thanks

post-42880-1238148069_thumb.jpg

1) next time use the edit button if you were the last person to post, especially if it's been less than 24 hours.

2) pixelchecksum I don't believe is what you want. If it's always in the same possition, I would use Pixelgetcolor. Pixelchecksum just lets you know if it changes. If you know what it's changing to then sure you can use it. I don't think it would be too dificult to write a code to check the pixel colors and figure out the digit.

3)If its a program maybe you could use cheatengine to find the memory address the number is written to. I have no experience with that though.

4) is the number itself an image? or is it text on a color? then it could just be read.

Giggity

1) next time use the edit button if you were the last person to post, especially if it's been less than 24 hours.

2) pixelchecksum I don't believe is what you want. If it's always in the same possition, I would use Pixelgetcolor. Pixelchecksum just lets you know if it changes. If you know what it's changing to then sure you can use it. I don't think it would be too dificult to write a code to check the pixel colors and figure out the digit.

3)If its a program maybe you could use cheatengine to find the memory address the number is written to. I have no experience with that though.

4) is the number itself an image? or is it text on a color? then it could just be read.

Hi,

!)Apologies!

2)I will investigate the option of cheat engine.

3)A quick scan with a hex editor of the original exe seems to show that it is actually a picture that is being displayed, but I can't confirm this 100%

Iain

Edited by arcticpup

No Apologies necessary, was just letting you know. I almost did the same !) but caught it after I typed it :D

I don't think it would be too hard to pick 4 or 5 pixels that you check, and if so many of them are black it could only be one number.

Edited by youknowwho4eva

Giggity