Help me to learn DLL Please

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to use dll files to program but i had no idea where should i start. Can someone guild me where should i start?

Anyone please advice. :lmao:

[font="Arial"]Thanks[/font]
If @error = me Then $sorry
Else
   Do
      $clarifyMe
   Until $meClear
EndIF
MsgBox(0,"Special Message!","Special Thanks to " & $allHadReplied,$Forever)

Guest Guidosoft

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

This is a good place to learn about programming c++.

Which in turn will lead on to the more complex subject of manipulating the windows api stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Windows API is pretty simple whats you get to know what you are doing.

Once I mentally seperated the Windows API and the syntax of C++, I was able to learn that Hell C++ is actually easy, and the Windows API being a completley seperate thing, is a librabry of functions that are pretty simple to use in if you can just remember them or have them referenced some where.

I did best learning the WINAPI in pascal. I haven't done it for a while though so I proberbly forgots bout the ting with the params in WindowCreateEX. I barely remember the first one. Actually, having said that the Ex Style paramter just shot itself into my temporary memory. Along with the title as the seccond one. Actually, maybe I can recall it all. Hmmmmmm.

Well I certainly recommend getting the fundamentals of a proper language down before anything , thats for sure... these languages are so "strongly" written compared to say a basic AutoIT syntax, I know I would probably cut my wrists without any fundamentals trying to suss out a Windows API with next to no knowledge of c++ :lmao:

Edited by Pickled

Thanks guys! I'll start reading your guides now. Hope to have a crash course soon.

But is there any reference webpages where it shows the syntex of some standard win32 DLL functions so that I'll know what type and parameters to put when using DLLCALL in autoIT?

Edited by igmeou
Else
   Do
      $clarifyMe
   Until $meClear
EndIF

Thanks guys. I through looking at the links that your directed me to. :lmao:o:):)

Personally, I feel that learning though vb(by steveR's link) is better for a beginner like me. :)

But is there a place where i could find out how to used the existing windows dll(eg. cards.dll,user43.dll,kernel32.dll,etc...) in a go? Currently, i have to go google to search the individual dll to find out 1 by 1. Is there a easiler method? :">

Else
   Do
      $clarifyMe
   Until $meClear
EndIF