RunAs Registry Edit

I recently updated AutoIT. All of my older scripts needed tweaking.

I've been editing my scripts and have them complete with the exception of one. I've been using the RunAsSet to modify a few registry entries. RunAsSet has consolidated to RunAs. I can't get the script to update a remote registry.

Local version of the script works:

Case $msg = $Uncac

RunAs(GuiCtrlRead($admin), @Computername, GUICtrlRead($password), 0, "REG add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\ /v scforceoption /t REG_DWORD /d 0")

WinWaitActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe")

Send ("y")

Send("{ENTER}")

Remote Version Does not:

Parameters: Script is run by a user. Script elevates priviledges to Admin. Script is stand alone and can not call other scripts or executables. User can not be added to the administrators group. Remote system name "$remote" is entered by the user as needed.

Case $msg = $Uncac

$string = "Reg add \\" & GuiCtrlRead($remote) & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system /v scforceoption /t REG_DWORD /d 0"

RunAs(GuiCtrlRead($admin), GuiCtrlRead($remote), GUICtrlRead($password), 0, $string)

WinWaitActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe")

Send ("y")

Send("{ENTER}")

Need recommendations on elevating priviledges to edit registry or recommendation on elevating RegWrite to admin.

Edited by jamestubberville

can you please wrap your code in [ autoit ] & [ / autoit ] tags it makes the script more readable and less space consuming.

Also , just a doubt, why not user RegWrite - inbuilt autoit function is Reg Add superior to it? i'm just an amateur so just wondering if u had tried RegWrite, coz i felt more comfortable controlling autoit 'regwrite' than windows 'reg add'

RegWrite( "\\"&GuiCtrlRead($remote) &"\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system","scforceoption","REG_DWORD "0")

Can you check to see if this works for remote registry? because such statement works fine for me with local registry :-)

Edited by rajeshontheweb

Tried RegWrite; however, RunAs would not allow it to run. Kept receiving incorrect number of parameters error.

The Format for RunAs is Runas(admin, computer, pw, flag, file).

Inserting

RegWrite( "\\"&GuiCtrlRead($remote) &"\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system","scforceoption","REG_DWORD "0")
for file creates the parameter error.

Is there a method to elevate RegWrite and keep the original requirements? I've looked to no avail.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried RegWrite; however, RunAs would not allow it to run. Kept receiving incorrect number of parameters error.

The Format for RunAs is Runas(admin, computer, pw, flag, file).

Inserting

for file creates the parameter error.

Is there a method to elevate RegWrite and keep the original requirements? I've looked to no avail.

Did anyone find a solution for this???