Fail in getting ClassNameNN from WPF application

Working Environment: Vista SP1, WPF application ,autoit

Target : Use autoit to click on 'Cancel' button on WPF

Step:

1. install Ranorex Spy to get NAME property of button - Cancel

2. include <DotNetIdentification.au3>

3. Launch au3info.exe to get title and text ,Au3info can merely get wintitle ,other info as class/classNN/Text are all null

4. Invok NET_ControlGetHandleByName($wintitle,$Wintext,$Control)

Result:

Autoit didn't click Cancel button

I find when WinGetClassList is invoked in NET_ControlGetHandleByName.au3 , Return value is "" ,however, @error=0

So , WinGetClassList is the root cause.

My Question:

Must i use C++ .net to implement this script? Any good suggestion?

Edited by marcushe

• Moderators

.NET apps are a pain. In my experience, when I can't manipulate one of their controls (usually the grid control), I find that there are underlying controls to that control. So the search constantly goes on to find the correct sequence.

I have successfully manipulated a few .NET apps, but I think dll injection (if you know how to code in languages that can do that) is the better bet with these apps. Memory manipulation could be a good choice. But if none of those are an option or you don't have the ability, and you can't dig far enough down to get the correct control (assuming you don't actually have it), then I haven't the foggiest on how to help you... sorry.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

.NET apps are a pain. In my experience, when I can't manipulate one of their controls (usually the grid control), I find that there are underlying controls to that control. So the search constantly goes on to find the correct sequence.

I have successfully manipulated a few .NET apps, but I think dll injection (if you know how to code in languages that can do that) is the better bet with these apps. Memory manipulation could be a good choice. But if none of those are an option or you don't have the ability, and you can't dig far enough down to get the correct control (assuming you don't actually have it), then I haven't the foggiest on how to help you... sorry.

Ha, tanks SmOke_N .