+controlshow +controlclick

Guest snickered

Guest snickered

I tried to search out the answer but I didn't have any luck. I am trying to run a program for the first time and want to automate the change of the default settings. When I get to a particular screen I can't seem to figure out how to click on a specific control. I want to just use ControlClick() but AutoIt Spy says the control is hidden. So I figured I needed to use something like ControlShow(). I just don't think I am using these things right. I have tried many different ways and none are working for me. Can someone help me with these functions? I am having to use the ClassNameNN because the Control ID is dynamic for the third parameter in ControlShow() and ControlClick(). I was trying things like:

AutoItSetOption( "ExpandEnvStrings", 1 )

Run( "%programfiles%\myproggy.exe" )

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

WinWaitActive( "classname=Tprefform", "TabSheet4" )

ControlShow( "classname=Tprefform", "TabSheet4", "TACGFXcheckbox10" )

ControlClick( "classname=Tprefform", "TabSheet4", "TACGFXcheckbox10" )

Am I waaaay off here? Thanks for responses. Be easy on me, this is my first attempt at anything with AutoIt. :lmao:

-snickered-

Guest snickered

Damn, 13 views and noone has any idea?!? All I want to know is how to use a click a control that is "hidden." And I can't use the ControlID because changes everytime I open the application. Please help.

-snickered-

Guest snickered

Thanks for posting something. I copy and pasted the names directly from AutoIt Spy. Are my parameters correct for these two functions? I have set WinTitleMatchMode to 4 so that means I need to have classname=blah for any function that has "title" as one of the parameters, right? Also, for the third parameter I am trying to use the ClassNameNN. Do I have to put anything special in for this parameter so AutoIt knows I am NOT passing the Control ID as a parameter? I would also like to know what ControlShow() does. I have read the help file that ships with AutoIt but it is still unclear to me. What does this function "show the hidden control" to? Does it automagically show up in AutoIt as "unhidden?" Can anyone help me?

Edited by snickered