How to force update of explorer.exe?

Call ("_Update_Explorer()")

After seeing this line of code... please kill yourself.

Edit: No, wait, kill yourself twice. Not only is using Call() completely unnecessary you fucked it up anyway so you aren't even calling _Update_Exlorer(). Congratulations, you get the dumbass of the month award.

I have no tolerance of people who use Call() inappropriately. Deal with it and/or learn to use the language, please.

Edited by Valik

After seeing this line of code... please kill yourself.

I must say you are extremely charming and I think you surely have found inner peace and have no aggressions...

With people like you it sure is no fun to try and learn it.

I have tried the thing with the above code, with Call ("_Update_Exlorer", "") [correct, no?] and no Call at all, all 3 have the same result.

If you aren't able to constrain your anger on newbies seeking help then please don't post at all, it just turns people off. Not everyone is as "pro".

If we were, this forum would be unnecessary.

Edited by forumghost

I must say you are extremely charming and I think you surely have found inner peace and have no aggressions...

With people like you it sure is no fun to try and learn it.

And you make it no fun to write a language where even the most simplest of things are completely used wrong. Why should I bother working on this language if half-wits like you can't figure out how to call a UDF correctly?

Nowhere is it documented that UDF's are invoked via Call() so why the fuck are you doing it? If it's another user that showed you that then point me to them and I'll rip on them for awhile. If it's something you picked up yourself then explain to me why you decided to take the long way instead of just trying the most obvious thing?

Try

$var = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "Hidden")
$var2 = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "HideFileExt")

If $var == "1" Then
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "Hidden", "REG_DWORD", "2")
Else
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "Hidden", "REG_DWORD", "1")
EndIf

If $var2 == "1" Then
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "HideFileExt", "REG_DWORD", "0")
Else
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "HideFileExt", "REG_DWORD", "1")
EndIf

_Update_Explorer()

Exit

Func _Update_Explorer()
    Local $bOld = Opt("WinSearchChildren", True)
    Local $a = WinList("[CLASS:SHELLDLL_DefView]")
    For $i = 0 To UBound($a) - 1
        DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $a[$i][1], "int", 0x111, "int", 28931, "int", 0)
    Next
    Opt("WinSearchChildren", $bOld)
EndFunc  ;==>_Update_Explorer

I have tried the thing with the above code, with Call ("_Update_Exlorer", "") [correct, no?] and no Call at all, all 3 have the same result.

No. The line of code you show is the same as:

_Update_Explorer("")
Which is a syntax error. Try this, I bet it works. If it doesn't work then you are lying. I've used the code (in C++ that I showed) for the exact same purpose for a year now.

_Update_Explorer()

If you aren't able to constrain your anger on newbies seeking help then please don't post at all, it just turns people off.

Anger? No, I'm not angry. You can tell because you're still here. When I get angry people go away - by force. No, I'm just frustrated with idiots like you who 5+ years later are still writing the same goddamn retarded code that uses Call().

Not everyone is as "pro".

Maybe not, but I'm not asking you to be a pro. I expect that if you are going to post here you at least understand basic syntax.

If we were, this forum would be unnecessary.

It is unnecessary.

• 2 years later...

Hey, does it work for you on Windows 7 x64 SP1 ?

_Update_Explorer does not seem to update the explorer (even if I can see a flickering of icons when triggered).

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Biatu,

I have deleted your stupid "bump" post in the other 5 year old thread. Please do not do that sort of thing again - just start a new thread if you need help. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area