File Sorter

snowman533

ever wanted to sort a certain type of file into its own folder? this program does just that

This sorts the files into a directory on the sciripts directory named Sorted, then each extension is moved to a folder named with the extension, within Sorted

Features:

-System and Program File Protection: this program will not allow you to run it from any part of the program files or Windows directory

-Only one extension can be sorted at a time, allowing for ALL extensions to be sorted, known and unknown

-single extension is specified by user when the program is started

-another security feature has been added to ensure that only the scripts directory is affected and not any sub directories

-*edit* FIXED: Program continually scanning when extension input is canceled, program now terminates when extension input is cancelled or blank

How to use:

1. download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a1f5b41...95965eaa7bc68bc

2. copy this from your downloaded directory to the folder that you want to sort

3. run File sorter.exe

4. type in the extension, the dot is not needed, for example: exe

5. run the program once for each extension that you want to sort

all feedback appreciated :D

enjoy

downloads: 4

Edited by snowman533

Intermediate AutoIt/Autohotkey User

update:

-ADDED: GUI

-ADDED: sort loop, now you can sort as many file extensions as you want, just type it in, click sort and you can instantly enter another extension while it sorts

I have not changed directory functionality, you still need to have this in the same directory as what you want to sort

see the link in my above post and download the file there

Edited by snowman533

Intermediate AutoIt/Autohotkey User

update:

-ADDED: GUI

-ADDED: sort loop, now you can sort as many file extensions as you want, just type it in, click sort and you can instantly enter another extension while it sorts

I have not changed directory functionality, you still need to have this in the same directory as what you want to sort

see the link in my above post and download the file there

You might get more interest if you include the source. Most people will not blindly run an exe from someone unless they have a good reputation. There are a select few that I would run one of their exe's without seeing the source...Jos, monoceres, and Volly are a few that come to mind.