Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AetherMaster

RunWait and quotes

6 posts in this topic

I know this is my first post, but I'm trying to solve a big problem I'm having.

I'm trying to run a command-line program using the RunWait command, as seen in this line:

RunWait("lame --decode " & @ScriptDir & "\sound.mp3 " & $CmdLine[2])

This works fine, unless my script is in a directory with spaces in the name, for example, "C:\Program Files\"

Although I can force a path, I don't want to, because I'm trying to make the script non-directory-dependent.

Is there a way for me to enclose this command in double quotes without having to get rid of the "@ScriptDir"?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Sorry I don't know what I'm talking about really, but you could try placing some single quotes around some of the double quoted items...that has helped me at times.

frew

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

You can also change the @scriptdir to @scriptfullpath and get rid of the \ from sound.mp3. Hope that helps

Edited by Alpinestar

You can also change the @scriptdir to @scriptfullpath and get rid of the \ from sound.mp3. Hope that helps

Wouldn't that include the .au3 file in the path, though? Meaning the result would be "C:\Program files\My Script\script.au3sound.mp3"

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

the first reply was the most meaningful, the second was not valid if I get what your trying to do...

use ' "stuff in quotes" '

that works.

edit, you can also double up the quote marks to get them in there.

Edited by mdiesel

Wouldn't that include the .au3 file in the path, though? Meaning the result would be "C:\Program files\My Script\script.au3sound.mp3"

Yes.

Try this

MsgBox((0x0, "Test","lame --decode " & @ScriptDir & "\sound.mp3 " & $CmdLine[2])

this used to help me all the time

8)

NEWHeader1.png