How to load value from text file via http?

Here is another way using XMLHttpRequest (aka Ajax):

$sURL = "http://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=766&max=3269&col=1&base=10&format=plain&rnd=new"
$oXHR = ObjCreate("MSXml2.XMLHTTP")
$oXHR.open("GET", $sURL, False)
$oXHR.send()
$iRandom = $oXHR.responseText

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I don't just get answers. I get multiple flavors!

I tried the InetGet method and the Ajax method. Your int typecasting seemed to work because i can use it as an integer value for the delay in the sleep function.

I went with the Ajax solution simply because the ajax method appears to be loading the text into memory from the start and the others have an obvious above the hood system call either for an include or to read a temp file. Who knows what that Ajax is really doing under the hood though.

Anyway thanks for the quick and helpful responses!

• 3 months later...